𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽: 𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒏'𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆*

"Come in." Varun says with a stern voice.

*𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒈𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎*

"Oh hey sweetheart. What's up?" Varun says, talking in a soft tone.

"Baby, I just had a call from Dishu she said that auntie's called us for dinner tonight, I've agreed that both of us will go." Akruti says.

"Okay." Varun says, focusing on his computer screen.

"What's wrong?" Akruti says, walking behind Varun's chair.

"Nothing." Varun days bluntly.

"What do you mean nothing?" Akruti asks.

*𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒑, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒖𝒕𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊'𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒕*

"Varu-" She gets cut off by Varun sliding her hair to the side and kissing her neck.

"Shhhh meri pyaari Pumpkin." Varun says, still kissing her neck.

"Aru." Akruti says, trying to get out of his grip, but he pulls her in tighter.

"Stay na, I can take breath of relief when I'm near you. I need you near me. Promise me, Akku, you won't ever leave me." Varun says, resting his head on Akruti's shoulder.

"I promise." Akruti says.

"5 minutes. 5 minutes, and then we'll go home and get ready for dinner tonight." Varun said, hugging Akruti tightly.

"Okay, 5 minutes." Akruti says whilst hugging Varun's arms, which are tightly wrapped around her.

*𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑹𝒆𝒉𝒂𝒏*

"Oops. Wrong time. Sorry, I'll come back later." Rehan says just about stepping out of the room.

"No. It's fine. We were just about to leave." Akruti says, getting up and fixing her outfit.

"No worries, I was just coming to say goodbye, everyone's going home." Rehan says.

"Huh, what time is it?" Varun says, looking at his watch in confusion.

"6:00pm." Rehan says.

"Oh shit. We're going to be late." Akruti says.

"Best leave now." Varun says, gathering his stuff.

*𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒇𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑹𝒆𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒏'𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒓*

AKRUTI'S HOUSE
DINNER

"Sorry, we're late." Akruti says.

"It's fine, the food is hot anyway. Let's eat and we'll talk at the table. Dishu and Deepu are here, Vi is with Rehan, so she won't be here tonight." Jaya Auntie says, walking towards the table, whilst Akruti and Varun follow.

"Auntie, this is Varun. Varun, Auntie Jaya. Oh, and there's Disha she's one of my best friends, and Deepti should be coming in a few minutes too." Akruti says, introducing everyone.

"Hello, Dulhabhai." Disha says, smiling.

"Dulhabhai?" Varun chuckles.

"Yes. Dulhabhai. I mean, you are going to marry each other, no?" Disha asks, looking at both of them.

"Yes. Soon." Varun confirms, looking into Akruti's eyes.

*𝑫𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒊 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏*

"Hello, my name is Deepti." Deepti says as she introduces herself.

"Hello. I'm Varun." Varun introduces himself.

"If everyone's done introducing themselves, shall we eat?" Jaya Auntie interrupts.

"Sure." Varun says.

*𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉*

"Akki, you and Deepu can take the dishes. I'd like to talk to Varun." Jaya auntie says.

"Auntie -" Akruti gets cut off.

"It's nothing serious, I'd just like to know him as he is your boyfriend." Jaya auntie reassures Akruti. "Follow me, we'll go to the garden." Jaya auntie says, guiding Varun to the garden.

"Yes. So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Varun asks.

"It's not talk. It's more inform. Akruti's grandmother, my mother. She is very possessive about Akruti. She will go to any length to separate you both. Please be careful. Especially when you're in public. We don't have much contact with her, Akruti wants to keep herself away from her grandmother, but if she finds out about this, there is no guarantee about what can happen." Jaya Auntie says.

"Auntie." Varun says taking Jaya Auntie's hand into his, "I love Akruti, and no power or person can take her away from me, if my love is true for her and her's is for me, there will be no way that we are getting separated from each other and I can assure you of that. Thank you for telling me about this, but I can assure you I'm not going away from Akruti any soon." Varun continues reassuring Jaya auntie.

*𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒏*

"What you two on about?" Akruti asks, a smile plastered across her face.

"Nothing much -" Varun gets cut off.

"I was wondering when we could fix your marriage up?" Jaya auntie intervenes.

"Marriage?" Akruti asks.

"Yes. Marriage." Jaya auntie says, confirming her answer from before.

"Can we talk about that at a later date? I want to get to know Akku a bit more. Marriage is in mind, auntie." Varun days.

"I appreciate the dinner for today, so I'd like to invite you to one of my friend's restaurants tomorrow, for dinner with my family, it would be great if everyone could come along." Varun says.

"Sure." Akruti says, looking at Jaya auntie for confirmation, who nods assuringly.

"Great, I'll send one of my drivers tomorrow to pick everyone up, and we can meet at the restaurant. After the dinner, I will personally drop you all off home." Varun says, getting up from the chair. "I'll get going now." Varun says.

"It was nice meeting and talking to you, beta. We'll see you tomorrow." Jaya auntie says.

"I'll drop you to the gate." Akruti says.

*𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒏'𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒆𝒅*

"Thank you for today." Akruti says.

"Don't worry about it, anything for you, my love." Varun says, pulling Akruti into a hug.

"See you tomorrow." Akruti says, letting go of the hug.

*𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆, 𝑨𝒌𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒊 𝒘𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒔 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆*