Staying with Derek

Derek

In the morning I woke up to find Amber cuddled up to my chest. She looked so peaceful and it felt right having her in my arms. She had her head on my upper arm and her left arm around my torso. I shifted slightly and then she moaned. She slowly opened her eyes and snuggled closer to me closing her eyes again. I wasn't disgusted. I should've been because of who her family was, but all I that I wanted for some reason was to keep her safe and close to me. Then the alarm on her phone went off. She sighed and covered her ears pressing her face against my chest. She whined in frustration. I felt something for her. I didn't know what it was that told me to protect her.

"Argent. You need to wake up," she shook her head, "no, please. Let me sleep."

Her alarm was starting to get on my nerves.

"Get up, Argent!" I shoved her and she yelped when she landed on the floor.

She sat up from the floor and glared at me from over the edge of the bed.

"Do you have to be so mean?" She looked like a sad puppy.

"Yes. Yes I do because your alarm is driving me insane. Now turn it off and get to school." She scrambled to grab her phone from her pocket.

She pulled her phone out and turned off the alarm. She looked at her phone screen for a moment. She looked sad, but then shook her head and put her phone away. I found myself wanting to comfort her. She stood up.

"I get it. I'll get out of your hair." She walked to the doorframe.

She stopped and looked back at me. Her eyes flashed blue like mine and I knew she was sad. I wanted to comfort her, but I didn't let myself.

"Am I welcome back tonight or do I need to go elsewhere?" She looked sad.

I wasn't going to be the reason she had nowhere to go.

"Come on back. Unless you decide to stay elsewhere." She looked surprised.

She smiled at me, "see you tonight, Derek. Sleep well and thank you."

She left the room. I heard her walk down the stairs and leave the house. I listened as she got into her car and drive off.