School

Amber

I got to school quickly. I hated that I was still wearing the same clothes as yesterday, luckily I knew had a change of clothes in my gym bag. I also had Derek's jacket. I don't know why, but I grabbed it this morning when I fell to the floor. I'm not sure he noticed. He probably did, but I hope he doesn't mind. I slipped into the girls locker room and jumped into a shower. I finished quickly, and got dressed as fast as I could. I slipped on Derek's jacket. I felt at ease with it on. The smell of pine enveloping me. I left the girls locker room and headed off towards my locker. One moment I heard my sister's name. Then someone grabbed my shoulder. I turned and saw Scott McCall.

Great. Another problem with having a twin.

"Why are you wearing Derek's jacket, Allison?" I scoffed.

"I'm not Allison. I'm Amber. Now how the hell do you know Derek and why does it matter that I have his jacket?" He looked confused and horrified.

"Do you even know what Derek is," I didn't like his tone, "of course I do, McCall."

He looked panicked, "does Allison know what I am?"

I tilted my head, "if you're wondering if Allison knows what you are, the answer is no. If you know what's good for you, do not let my father find out what you are. If you want to live that is. I will not tell him, but Scott next time scent me before you assume I'm Allison. I'm not my sister."

He sighed in relief, "thank you for not telling Allison what I am, but you should steer clear of Derek Hale."

"Why should I listen to you," he looked surprised, "he's a killer."

"What? How the hell do you know that? Find a body near his old house and assume it's him? That's a quick way to ruin someone's life, Scott. Grow up. Derek is innocent, the only thing he is guilty of is burying his sister. So before you go around throwing false accusations think about the consequences of making them." I glared at him and he seemed surprised about something.

"Your eyes," I scoffed, "I'm an empath. I feel what you feel. I feel what everyone in this damn school feels. This happens when I tap into someone's anger, Scott. I'm no Alpha. I'm human, just like my sister. The only difference between her and I, is I've known about what the Argents really do since I was thirteen, Scott. That's what puts me apart from her. I know the truth, my sister is oblivious. So are you. Don't go throwing accusations around, Scott. It can ruin someone's life." I turned and walked away.

I kept my eyes downcast and focused on calming down. No one needed to see my eyes.

"Amber!" I wasn't ready to face Allison, but as it turns out fate isn't so kind.

She was now standing in front of me. I opened my eyes. I didn't feel angry anymore and she didn't look shell-shocked. So my eyes were back to the brown eyes we shared.

"Why didn't you come home last night? Why didn't mom let you in the house?" I frowned.

"I'm not staying at home anymore Allison. She wouldn't let me in because she doesn't agree with me not staying at home. It's not her choice. I'm not going back home," Allison looked confused, "why? Aunt Kate is coming and you and I have always been close to her?"

I grit my teeth, "I used to be close to her, Allison. I'm not anymore. I will never be close with her again. I will not be staying in that house while she is there."

Allison just so happened to look down at the jacket I was wearing, "why are you wearing Derek's jacket?"

"Seriously? Why the hell is it a problem I'm wearing his jacket," she looked horrified, "isn't he a killer?"
"Seriously Allison?! What is with everyone assuming he's a killer with no evidence? He's not a killer! So quit playing detective with Scott and Stilinski and start using your damn head!" People were staring at us.

I turned away from them and rushed to the front doors.