Injured

Derek

We arrived at the vet clinic and I laid Amber down on the table. Her heartbeat was all over the place. Her breathing was erratic. I placed a hand on her head. She was burning up.

"Where the hell is Deaton, Scott? She's burning up!" She whined.

I hated that she was in so much pain.

"I'm right here, Amber. Please hold on, please," I leaned over and kissed her head, "I'm here, Scott."

I looked over at Deaton, "help her, please?"

He looked surprised, but rushed over. He checked her pulse and then the burn at her side. He looked up at me.

"Who the hell did this to her?" I grit my teeth.

"Kate Argent," he nodded, "I need to shock her heart back into a normal rhythm. I need you and Scott to be ready to hold her down."

I nodded. Deaton grabbed a defibrillator and pulled it to him. I turned and focused on Amber. I pressed my hand to her forehead.

"Derek, I need to shock her. I need to get her heart back into sinus rhythm. Remove your hand." I did and he shocked her.

I listened to her heartbeat. It was normal again. She whined. I put my hand back on her head.

"I'm here, Amber." I felt a tug on our bond.

I could feel her pain and concern.

"I'm okay, Amber. I promise. I'm okay." Relief flooded our bond.

"Derek," I looked up at Deaton, "who did this to her?"

I snarled, "her Aunt Kate and her mother."

I looked up as Deaton shared glances with Scott and Stiles.

"What?" Scott looked down at Amber.

"I can't believe they would do this to one of their own. She's not safe. We have to keep her somewhere they can't get to her." I glanced down at Amber.

I agreed with him, but I didn't know where she should go. Amber whined.

"She can't stay with me. I don't have a place to actually live right now, but I don't want to leave her by herself." I held Amber's hand in mine.

"My house." I looked up at Stiles.

"Your dads the sheriff. I don't think that's a good idea." Scott stepped forward.

"Then my house. You guys have to be able to stay somewhere. It's not safe to be at the old Hale house or to be sleeping in her car," I sighed, "your mother knows nothing of the supernatural. Having two supernatural people in your home isn't the best idea. We would bring danger to her door. I don't think you want that, Scott."

"Derek is right, Scott. It is too dangerous for your mother. If Kate Argent and Amber's mother had no problem torturing her they wouldn't hesitate to torture your mother. I think the best and safest place for you both would be my house. I can surround it with mountain ash so you both will be safe." Deaton gave her a shot for the pain.

I picked her up. She rested her head on my chest. I was worried. If her family had no issue hurting her that means they had no issue with killing her. I couldn't keep her safe all by myself.

"Derek," I looked up at Scott, "we'll help you protect her."

"You're just kids. You shouldn't have to," Stiles walked up to me and placed his hand on her head, "she's just a kid like us. She didn't ask to be supernatural and now is being hunted by her family. I think it's time to bring my Dad into the loop. We can't protect her alone and I think my dad may be the only person who can actually help us. The argents have guns and so does my dad. She may be an empath, but she's human. It won't take much to kill her. We can't let them do that. We have to bring him in. It's the only way he'll let Derek and Amber stay at my house."

"Stiles," he shook his head, "no Derek. It's time he knew anyway and Amber has no one except us. If this means I have to break the truth to my Dad sooner than so be it."

Stiles gasped and looked at me, "why did I feel a tug in my chest?"

I smiled at him, "she's an empath. My guess is that when she forms a bond with someone a tether or a string is created. She feels safe with you, Stiles. You and I are the only ones she has formed a bond with. She may be asleep but she is aware of what's going on around her. Partially because you and I have touched her. She knows we don't mean her harm."

"I get it," he turned to Scott, "will you help me tell my dad?"

Scott nodded.

"I'll help if we do it here which I think would be best. Deaton can help ease the process of your dad accepting all this." Stiles nodded.

"Thank you, Derek," Stiles pulled out his phone, "let's get this over with."