Trouble

Amber

When I went to class I got sent to the principal's office and got in trouble. They called my Dad. It wasn't long before he was in the office with me. I didn't look at him.

"Mr. Argent, your daughter was seen leaving school on security camera. She sat outside and then came back in. We have a strict no skipping policy." I didn't look at my dad or at the principal.

"Amber," I took a deep breath, "I have nothing to say about my behavior."

"Then I regret to inform you that I have to suspend you." I looked up at the principal.

"So be it. Please gather the class work that I should have for the next few days so I may take it with me home." I saw my dad move.

I turned to him. He looked like he wanted to object. I frowned at him and then turned back to the principal.

"How many days am I to be suspended," he looked surprised, "two days. It's your first time skipping school. I will have the class work ready for you by the end of the day today."

I stood up and nodded at the principal, "thank you, sir. I will be back by the end of the day today."

I left the office, "Amber wait!"

I stopped just outside. My dad came over to me. I didn't say a word.

"Where are you staying?" I looked up at him.

He looked worried. I shook my head.

"I have a place to stay. I promise, Dad," he looked skeptical, "where are you staying?"

"I'm staying with Derek Hale," he looked angry at me, "why the hell are you staying with Derek Hale?"

I jabbed my finger in his chest, "don't lecture me about who I stay with. Derek has been more helpful the past couple of days than you have in a while. I know it's not your fault, but you can't judge who I choose to stay with. What was it my mother said? Oh yeah, I don't want my daughter around a bunch of monsters. Well guess what, Dad? The biggest monster is in your home, with your perfect daughter who knows nothing of the supernatural world. I know what I saw and you know what I saw. I'm not going to listen to you about who I should and shouldn't be around. I am not going home. I will not let you judge or disapprove of what company I choose to keep. Go home and leave me alone, Dad. You'll have your hands full with Aunt Kate."

I walked around him and towards the front door of the school.

"Amber, please come home." I turned to my father.

He looked surprised. He took a step back from me. Surprise had turned to fear.

"No," my voice cracked, "I think it better I stay with my kind. I'm sorry, Dad."

I walked out of the school. I went straight to my car. I climbed in and rested my head against the back of my seat. Suddenly I felt a hand over my mouth.

"I will not let my daughter fraternize with the enemy." I felt sleepy, but I knew that was my mother's voice.

Everything turned black.