Panic Attack

Amber

I would've stayed, but it felt like I was suffocating. All of their emotions on top of my own felt like they were killing me. I made it to my car and climbed in the driver seat. The bell rang and I gripped Derek's jacket. I shoved my face against the leather and took a deep breath. I felt calm. I was so confused about why his jacket calmed me down. I continued taking deep breaths then my passenger door was opened.

"Argent?" I looked over to see Derek.

Why was he here?

His eyes slipped from my face and looked down at my hands gripping his jacket. His glowing blue eyes met mine. I bit my lip.

"Are you okay?" I looked down at my hands gripping his leather jacket.

Why was I so calm when I was wearing his jacket? What did it mean? What was happening?

"Amber?" I shook my head and started fighting to get his coat off.

"Amber," I felt panicky, "hey, Amber, look at me."

I couldn't, it felt like I couldn't breathe. I got his coat off and threw it at him. I started my car and then I was no longer in the driver seat. I was in his lap with my face was against his neck. He had one arm around my waist and one on my head.

"Amber, breath. Breath. I'm right here. You're okay." I started crying.

He reached over and turned off my car. The passenger door closed. All of a sudden the passenger seat leaned back. Derek had both of his arms wrapped around my waist. My face was now against his chest and I could hear his heartbeat.

How was he here? Why was he here? Why couldn't I just have a normal life? Why did I have to have this stupid ability?

"Amber," I sat up quickly.

I moved to get off him. He held me by my hips, not letting me move.

"Let me go, Derek." I look out the window.

"No," I turn and see his eyes glowing, "you need to calm down. What happened?"

I bit my lip and shook my head. I had always been able to calm myself down. I didn't want to have to always rely on him to ground me. It wasn't fair to him.

"I c-can't believe my sister. She and two b-boys are convinced you're a m-murderer. I know you're not. They asked w-why I was wearing a murderer's jacket." I looked down at his chest.

I tried to clear my head, take deep breaths. Focus on anything that wasn't him, but nothing was helping. I grit my teeth. Then I felt his jacket over my back and my face was tucked away against his chest again.

"Just focus on me. It's okay. Just focus on me." I closed my eyes.

I could hear his heartbeat under my ear again. His scent was calming.

"It's not fair to you. I don't know why, but I'm drawn to you. I don't feel overwhelmed when I'm with you. I feel calm. I don't feel like the entire population is going to crush me with its feelings. I just don't get it. You hate my family. Yet I feel safe with you. I feel calm. I feel a connection with you that I can't explain. It's not okay, it's not fair to you. My family destroyed yours. My family killed yours." He was silent.

I couldn't imagine what he was thinking. I wasn't sure what else to say. Or what he would say. I started to sit up. His arms wrapped around me, keeping me from pulling away.

"I feel it too. I felt your panic. I felt it and I was nowhere near you. I was at the school before I could decide to just stay at my family's home. I knew where you were without having to follow your scent. I don't blame you for what your family did. I don't distrust you because of them either. You disowned them for me. I felt it. I felt it when you disowned your mother as well," I looked up at him.

He wasn't lying to me. He was being truthful. I smiled up at him.

"Thank you for coming. Thank you for trusting me, Derek." For being my anchor.

I couldn't say that though. I couldn't yell out to the world that I felt protective over him. That I felt safe with him. That my emotions didn't overwhelm me when I was around him.

"Why are we so in tune with each other?" He frowned at me.

He looked nervous and I looked away.

"It's fine if you don't know. Or if you don't want this." I sat up.

His hands gripped my hips. I looked back down at him, his eyes were glowing blue. I felt safe with him. I trusted him more than my own family and yet I barely knew him. I licked my lips and then bit my bottom lip. I was protective of him and felt safe with him at the same time. I also felt drawn to him and I didn't understand why. I leaned down and kissed him. The moment our lips touched it was like electricity spread throughout my body. I gasped allowing Derek to take advantage and deepened the kiss. His hands tightened on my waist. I pulled away from the kiss. I had to and I knew it. I met Derek's gaze and bit my lip. He wanted more. I could see it, but I could also feel it. Emotionally and physically. I also felt like we were meant to be. That there was some invisible force connecting us. I pulled away to catch my breath.

"Mate," Derek's wolf was out.

Blue eyes, more hair on his face. I reached one of my hands up and touched his face. I felt his clawed hands tighten around my waist. His teeth were sharper. I bit my bottom lip and finally met his gaze. I could feel a bond form between us. I could feel the tether between us. I pulled on it.

"Be careful, little Argent. I can't promise to control myself if you tug on that. Your my mate." I did it again.

He growled and kissed me. I kissed him back, fighting for control, fighting for dominance. He won. I moaned as his hands roamed over my body. He gripped my thighs and pressed me against his crotch. I whined as he pulled away. I took a deep breath and sat up, eyes glancing at his lips.

"We have to stop, baby," I nodded, "I know."

I looked up at the ceiling of my car. I wasn't going to be the reason for him getting in more trouble.

"Are you okay, Amber?" I smiled down at him.

"I'm okay now," I looked out at the school, "I should go back to class."

I met his eyes and leaned down and kissed him. I made it a chaste kiss. I pulled away again and climbed off of him. I sat back down in the driver seat. I took a deep breath. I felt him take his hand in mine and kiss the side of my head. I leaned against him. I felt better.

"Keep my coat okay? I'll see you tonight, if you need me again I'll come back." I took a deep breath and opened my door.

I smiled at him, and grabbed his coat back from him.

"Stay safe, okay?" He nodded.