Chapter 8

As dawn arrives,Flanders could be seen standing on the playground,looking at the eight students in front of him.

"Oscar,Yue Ying and Ning Rongrong,have you finished running 20 laps around the village?"

"Yes dean,we already finished running 20 laps around the village."Both Oscar and I said confidently.

"Good.What about you Ning Rongrong,have you finished running 20 laps around the village?"Flander asked,focusing his attention at the petite girl.

"Yes,I have completed the assignment"she said confidently with no hint of remorse in her tone.

Hearing this,Flander frowned and said,"stop pretending,you went to Soto city to go shopping and even had a lavish meal there."

Ning Rongrong widened her eyes in shock and exclaimed,"you have been following me this whole time?"

As expected,Ning Rongrong's gentle expression gradually disappeared,replaced by an expression of disdain.

Following that,Flander and Ning Rong rong had a heated argument.The seven Shrek students who was witnessing their argument was equally shocked as they didn't expect the kind and gentle girl to be like this.

In the end,Ning Rongrong's face looked pale as Flander's words pierced her heart,shattering her belief.

She suddenly cried out,turned her head and ran back to her dormitory.

Seeing this,Flander said to Oscar and Yue Ying,"both of you go comfort her,as for the five of you,follow me to start your night classes."

Saying that,Flander left without a word,and the five Shrek students had no choice but to follow him.

(Yue ying)
After seeing them leave,Oscar and I went to Ning Rongrong's dormitory.When we came near the door,we could hear sounds of banging against the wall.

"How could the dean say those harsh words to me!?just wait and see,I will definitely tell my father when I get back to my clan."Ning Rongrong said with a smug expression.

Oscar and I who heard her said this, frowned.Not only did she not change her ways,but she is even finding ways to get revenge on the dean,when she is clearly in the wrong.

"Ugh...I hope they come back quickly,I  don't think I can stand listening to her anymore..."I thought inwardly.

After three hours,Tang San and the other Shrek students returned to Shrek academy.

While Ning Rongrong and Oscar were waiting for them at the entrance,I quickly made an excuse to leave first as I didn't want to get involved in Mubai and Ning Rongrong's later argument.

Besides,I heard a notification from my system,so I quickly went back to my dormitory to check what happened.

Reaching my dormitory,I hurriedly opened my system to check the notification.

The notification read,"New feature unlocked."

My system shows:
-------------------------------------------------------
Status:
Name: Yue Ying

Species: lotus gem(new species)

Soul power: innate soul power(level 10)

Current level: level 29

Martial spirit: lotus gem

Spirit ring: rainbow ring(camouflaged to become yellow ring for safety for the host)

1st ability:Extreme healing ability(as long as they still have their last breath ,they can still be healed to full recovery)

2nd ability:Attribute increase of 100% for attacking, speed,endurance etc.

Unclaimed rewards: increase of soul power of 20

Main task:Finish the main plot of the story

Note: mission can be triggered

*New feature unlocked:The rewards of tasks has upgraded,you can now receive more rewards after completing it.

*New feature:you have unlocked the system shop,you can now buy things from the shop using your soul power

"New feature: your trial as a god have started,as you progress throughout the main story,you will be given tasks randomly.(completion of the tasks are compulsory)
---------------------------------------------------------
Seeing all this,I was shocked,but more of excitement as opportunities to increase my strength has come.

I hurriedly called out my system to open the system shop to check what they sell.

---------------------------------------------------------
System shop:

Recommended items for the host
(System has selected items that you are able to afford)

1.) starfall movement technique
Description: there are 5 stages to the movement technique.You can use this technique to dodge your opponent's attack or escape.The fifth stage is the highest and the first stage is the lowest.
Cost: 20 soul power

2.) teleporting scroll
Description: you can teleport to anywhere you want.A useful item when there is danger.(one time use only)
Cost:20 soul power

3.)Potion of soul power(can only use until level 70)
Description:When you meditate,you will be able to take in twice the amount of soul power you usually receive
Cost:10 soul power

4.)physical potion(can only use until level 50)
Description:Using this potion will give you twice the amount of training for your physical body.
Cost:10 soul power

Your current currency:20 soul power
---------------------------------------------------------
It took me a while to choose an item I wanted as all of them are equally important.

In the end,I decided to purchase the starfall movement technique as I needed one during combat.

Moreover,if I remember correctly,Shrek will have to fight against the emperor fighting team,so it is better to be prepared.

"With this system,I have a better chance at preventing spirit hall from harming my loved ones...I just hope that nothing unexpected will happen in the future..."I thought inwardly.

But no one would have expected that spirit hall has also started to change by an external factor.

In the spirit hall,a girl could be seen staring at the window with bloodshot eyes.

She was murmuring to herself,"Yue Ying,I am sure you have also transmigrated into soul land.This time, I will make sure I torture you and make you despair before I kill you off.With the help of my teacher,Bibi Dong,let me see how you are going to escape from my hands..."she said with cunning eyes and a smug expression.

Note:I will continue to write when I have time