Chapter 4

Drew's POV

"Hold that please!"

I stick my hand in between the elevator doors so I don't miss it and step inside.

Almost late per usual but, I'm technically my own boss so it's fine.

I start tucking my shirt into my pants when I hear and annoyed sigh next to me.

"Great."

I look up and see it's the Ice queen herself leaning into the corner of the elevator so that she can put as much distance between us as possible.

I didn't even realize it when I ran up.

My eyes wander a bit and I see that she's wearing a loose fitting blue blouse with a black pencil skirt and some nice black heels.

The way her light brown skin looks against all of that fabric makes her look stunning.

What a way to start the day.

"Good morning to you too."

I finish straightening my clothes as I watch the elevator numbers rise.

Today is supposed to be a good day since it's Friday and the office is throwing a little party to celebrate how well we did all week.

Sales have gone up a lot thanks to a certain someone and myself.

We may not work well together on the surface but behind the scenes, I'd say we're a great team.

Communication is terrible.

A couple words here and there and a lot of files being tossed onto desks but when everything gets presented, we hear praises all around.

She's good, I'll give her that.

Her mouth on the other hand, is going to land her in a whole mess of trouble one day.

I take a deep breath as we begin to near our floor when all of a sudden the elevator shifts.

The lights flicker for a moment before going out completely and triggering the emergency light.

Great.

"What the Fuck just happened?"

I sigh and lean against the back wall as she rushes over hitting the emergency button repeatedly.

"It's stuck. This happens sometimes during the cold season. Something about the grease on the gears hardens and it gets stuck. They were supposed to fix it last year but I guess they didn't get to it."

She groans and starts pacing back and forth on the other side of the car.

"Well what do we do now? I have a meeting to get to in 20 minutes. I can't be stuck in a box with you."

I scoff and pull my phone out to text randy.

"Trust me princess, this isn't my idea of a good time either. Just calm down. Someone will get us soon."

She growls out in frustration and slouches back into the corner of the elevator.

"Great. Just great. Thanks for ruining my day once again drew."

I frown and give her a confused look before standing at my full height and stepping closer to her.

"How is this my fault? I can't control the fucking elevator."

She pushes her body out of the corner and steps in front of me.

Her body language tells me that she wants to punch me so bad but she's trying with everything she has to hold it together.

PressureOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara