Chapter 15

Val's POV

As the elevator rises, I take a deep breath,preparing for the day.

Last nights talk was good.

We're on good terms now so I guess we'll just have to wait and see where things end up.

Once I make it to my office, I start to get settled in at my desk when there is a knock on the connecting door.

"Hey I'm glad you're here. I was looking over the packaging list for that company we were working with last week and they're honestly paying too much. The production hasn't seen these number in months and-"

She stops talking for a moment and looks up at me, A slight grin curling the corner of her lips.

"Everything alright princess?"

I nod my head.

My cheeks flush red as I realize I must have been staring.

I wasn't expecting to see her walk in so soon and honestly, it caught me off guard.

She's also quite a site this morning.

Brown slacks with a cream colored button up, a brown bow tie and suspenders. Her sleeves are rolled up too revealing those sexy tattoos of hers.

Lord knows I've missed seeing this.

Even her hair is a little extra curly today as it slightly falls over her eyes.

For a moment, my eyes flick down between her legs but I casually avert them to the door behind her so she doesn't notice.

"Yes I'm fine. I just wasn't expecting you to come through there this early. I didn't see your car in the lot so I figured you were running late."

She shrugs and leans against the doorframe, tucking the folder under her arm.

"I couldn't sleep so I ended up here. You keeping tabs on me now Sanchez?"

I roll my eyes and walk over to her to check the file.

"No but next time, try knocking."

I pull the folder from under her arm and as I'm looking through it, I get the sensation of her watching me intently.

I don't know why I'm nervous.

It's just Drew but, knowing that I have her attention again makes me feel, excited.

"So umm... what was the-"

I gasp a little as i feel her fingers trace the curve of my waist.

My body instinctively moves closer and I can smell that delicious cologne of hers.

Cedar and bourbon.

"Cmon princess. Use your words"

My face is red hot as I shove the files against her chest and back away to put some distance between us.

"J-just make whatever corrections you see fit and I'll sign!"

Her deep laugh rings in my ear as I scurry back to my desk, keeping my legs clinched.

Why does she always feel the need to torment me?

"Okay okay I'm sorry. I was only teasing."

She sits in the chair across from my desk and gently sets the file in front of me.

"We can go through it together. No funny business I swear."

I give her a look and sigh before looking through everything properly this time.