Chapter 20

✨Aaaand we're back👀✨

Drew's POV

I wake up around 10 pm and smile at the two laying on me. Gabe is sprawled across my stomach on his drooling on he whole Valentina is curled up against my neck sleeping peacefully.

I don't know how my life got here, but I honestly couldn't be happier.

Gabe will ultimately have to leave, but I hope Sabrina  allows me to stay in his life a little longer, even if she didn't.

I softly kiss the top of Val's head and she stirs a little before moaning against my neck, not wanting to move.

I laugh.

"Come on baby, let's get in the bed."

She pouts a little but nods and sits up so that I can get Gabe situated.

We go into the bedroom and she crawls in as I set Gabe in the middle. He fusses a little but eventually crawls over to Val and cuddles up to her.

"Come here silly boy."

He smiles as she rocks him in her arms and soon, they're both fast asleep.

I'm about to join them when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I step out to answer but it's not the news I wanted to hear.

"Hello?"

"Drew? This you? It's Scott. I know you two still talk sometimes but I'm looking for rina. She was supposed to be doing a shoot near your neck of the woods but hasn't showed. She's probably with that Theo character."

I frown a little.

"Theo? Who's that? Why isn't she answering your calls?"

"You don't know? Oh boy. That girl loves causing me trouble I swear."

I clench my fist a little and start looking for a coat and shoes.

"Who is Theo Scott? Do I need to go find her?"

He blows a raspberry and I pause.

"Only if you wanna check every inch of the city. Theo is her other boss. Probably has her with a John. I tell ya, I told her to quit that shit but she wouldn't budge. Said she could to both and not miss any sets. It was fine for awhile but now I'm missing contracts because she can't close her damn-"

"Watch your mouth."

He pauses and sigh. I hear the sound of a lighter flicking on the other end of the phone followed by another sigh.

"Sorry you had to find out like this D, but I need her here. Talk so sense into her will ya?"

I hang up without another word.

Around 3 am I hear a key being gently inserted into the doorknob.

I stand up and unlock it from the inside before swinging the door open, startling it.

"Goodness! Are you daft? You can't just go opening d-"

I don't let her finish.

I grab her arm and pull her inside before bolting all of the locks.

Then i guide her into a room on the other side of the apartment so that hopefully the two sleeping don't hear us.

"Drew! What are you doing? Why are we in here?"

"Where have you been?"

Her eyes widen.

I take in her outfit. I light blue dress that hugs her body nicely with a pair of fuck me heels on.

Her make up was done at some point but I can tell it's been taken off due to the slight redness of her face.

One would honestly believe she was doing one of 2 things. Working a photo shoot for the past 8 hours, or getting railed by some fucker on the street.

"I thought Valentina told you? I had a shoot a-and..."

I scoff and make her sit on the edge of the bed.

"Don't lie to me, Sabrina. Scott called me, looking for you. Now you have to either tell me the truth or you can get out of my house."

Her eyes well with tears as my whole body heats up with anger.

Why am I angry? Because she didn't tell me sooner? Because she's continuing to lie? Or is it because the thought of her using her body all of these years breaks my heart?

"Drew please...I-i didn't know how to tell you. I was scared.."

My body softens at the sound of her voice. It's so fragile. As if every word might shatter her.

"Scared of what love?"

I get down on my knees in from of her and gently rub her arms to keep her calm.

"Scared that you wouldn't want me anymore. I was always your perfect little doll. You never saw a single flaw. I didn't want to ruin that. Traveling got hard. Shoots weren't making enough and then I met Theo. It was only supposed to be a couple of times but he just kept calling and I needed money and..."

I gently cup her cheeks and use my thumbs to wipe away the tears that are trying to go down her face.

"Oh brina...you should've told me. I could've helped you."

She gets choked up and places her hands on mine.

"I couldn't burden you any more than I already was. I chose this life, not you."

I sigh and stand up trying to think.

This is a bit of a situation now. This guy isn't going to just let her go and now that she has Theo, it's even more dangerous for them.

As I'm thinking, I feel her hands rest on my back followed by her head.

"Don't worry darling. I'll find my own way out. I just need a few more days."

I turn around and wrap my arms around her, catching her by surprise, but from the way she wraps her arms around me, I can tell it was a good one.

"Stay as long as you'd like. You and Gabe are both safe here."

She nods and after I kiss the top of her head, I hand her some clean clothes and a towel I stashed in here for her.

We say goodnight and I go back to my room so that she can shower and get some sleep.

As i crawl into bed, I can't help but let my mind race with different scenarios.

How dangerous is this? Can I protect them? What if something happens to Gabe?

All of a sudden, I feel a little foot kick my arm.

I chuckled and close my eyes.

Even if my life depended on it, I wouldn't let anything happen to either of them.