Chapter 21

Drew's POV

The next morning is a bit of a blur.

I know that I woke up with baby fart in my face but after that, things were pretty mundane.

I handed the creature back to his mother once i was able to function, me and Val ate a quick breakfast and went our separate but not so separate ways at the office.

There isn't really anything big going on at the moment, just simple production and marketing stuff.

This leaves me with plenty of time to think about Sabrina's situation.

She can't possibly want to continue this lifestyle but, how do I ask?

And how is she going to do this with Gabe? I've seen true crime shows like this and they do not end up too good.

I groan and run my hand across my face for a moment when my door is suddenly flung open.

"YOU SELFISH BITCH!"

Before I can even react, my desk is kicked towards me, hitting me square in the stomach and taking my breath for a moment.

"Why'd you do it huh? Still jealous about me talking to your little toy over there?"

He grabs the collar of my shirt but I quickly bend his hand back forcing him to release me.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't nail your ass to the ground right now."

I place a hand on my stomach trying not to show how bad that hurt but there's definitely going to be a bruise later.

"Someone talked and I know you had something to do with it. They went up to management and said that I was "harassing her" and that multiple people have been referring to me as a "womanizer". What did you do!?"

I scoff and roll my sleeves up as I step in front of my desk.

"I did nothing. Not my fault you don't know how to treat women properly."

His face turns even more red than it was and as soon as he takes a step towards me, the one person he doesn't need to see right now,walks into the room.

"Drew? Is everything alright? I heard a lot of-"

"You."

He turns his body square towards Valentina and she freezes.

Before he can even get another breath in, I take two strides to get in front of her and in one motion, wrap and arm around her waist and move her behind me.

"Don't."

My voice is cold and clear.

I'm standing at my full height now so he's not much taller than me. Maybe an inch.

Doesn't matter though.

If he so much as raises a hand towards her, I will end him where he stands.

He clenches his fist and scoffs before pointing an accusing finger towards her.

"You know it was her. No one else has EVER complained until this little whore showed up."

I clench my jaw.

"Watch your mouth."

I feel Valentina behind me trying to use her phone to get security so I know I just need to stall him a little longer.

I peek my eyes back for a second to check on her and out of the corner of my eye I see him lunge forward.

"Don't you look away from-"