Chapter 10

Val's POV

I groan as the light from the sun rising hits my face.

My head is pounding but I'm surprisingly warm.

I reach over and grab my phone from the night stand but as I stretch, I can feel something pulling me back.

"Mmm 5 more minutes."

My eyes almost fly out of my skull as I hear the husky voice behind me.

"Drew?? What the Fuck!"

I jump out of bed and pull the sheet off of the bed and cover myself.

She groans and blocks her eyes from the sun.

The only thing covering her body are a pair of joggers and a sports bra.

Her tattoos are fully exposed and the one that goes across her abs is particularly interesting, but I can't think about that right now.

"You know most people don't wake up so loudly."

I frown at her as she sits on the edge of the bed.

"Why are you in my house!? Did you roufee me or something?"

She rolls her eyes.

"Of course not. I'm not a prick."

"Then how the fuck did you get here?? I wouldn't willingly let you in!"

She sighs and rubs the back of her neck.

"It's not what you think. Please just let me explain-"

She stands up and tries to step close to me but I quickly step away. I'm

"Don't fucking touch me!"

I rush into the bathroom and slam the door shut as she comes after me.

"Valentina listen to me! I was only trying to help you."

I scoff as I lean against the door.

"Help me?! By sleeping with me against my will??"

She sighs against the door.

"We didn't sleep together. You were drunk and some guy tried to mess with your drink. I scared him off but I didn't feel comfortable just leaving you there. I brought you home but someone insisted I stay the night so I did. Nothing happened between us Val. I swear."

I think on it for a second.

Even though I'm not in the dress I wore last night, I am in sleeping clothes.

I don't feel like anything happened.

Maybe she's telling the truth.

I take a deep breath and slowly open the door.

"You promise?"

She looks down at me and nods with a slight smile on her face.

"I would never take advantage of you like that princess. I was only concerned about your safety."

I nod my head and look away from her feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Well...thank you. I appreciate it."

She accepts my apology as well as my offer to make her breakfast.

"I'm not gonna turn down a free meal."

After finding her a clean shirt, I head into the kitchen and start working on breakfast.

A simple eggs bacon and pancakes should be enough to remedy the situation.

As I'm cooking, I can feel her eyes on me as she leans against the counter behind me.