24 | Everything Was Fine

"Now Jimin," I began as I shut my door

He sighed. I'm sorry. I wish I didn't have to-

"It's not real," I interrupted, accelerating away from the parking lot. I didn't have to think about the road. I knew it too well. "It's just an old vision. Before everything. Before I knew I loved him."

In his head, it was there again, that worst of all visions- the agonizing potential that had tortured me for so many weeks, the future Jimin had seen the day I'd pushed Jungkook out of the way of the van. Jungkook's body in my arms, twisted and white and lifeless... a ragged, blue-edged gash across his broken neck... his blood red on my lips and blazing crimson in my eyes.

The vision in Jimin's memory brought a furious snarl ripping up my throat, an involuntary response to the pain that lashed through me.

Jimin froze, his eyes anxious.

It's the same place, Jimin had realized today in the cafeteria, his thoughts tinged with a horror I hadn't understood at first.

I'd never looked beyond the ghastly central image I could barely stand to see that much. But Jimin had been examining his visions for decades longer than I. He knew how to remove his feelings from the equation, how to be impartial, how to look at the picture without flinching away from it. Jimin had been able to absorb details... like the scenery.

The gruesome tableau was set in the same meadow where I planned to take Jungkook tomorrow

"It can't still be valid. You didn't see it again, you just remembered it."

Jimin shook his head slowly.

It's not just a memory, Tae. I see it now.

"We'll go somewhere else."

In his head, backgrounds to his vision spun like whirling kaleidoscopes, changing from bright to dark and back. The foreground remained the same. I cringed away from the pictures, trying to push them from my mental eye, wishing I could blind it.

"I'll cancel," I said through my teeth. "He's forgiven my broken promises before."

The vision shimmered, wavered, and then returned to solidity, with sharp, clear edges.