did we get in?

we get back to the house and unlock the door with the spare key my mum gave me "ma! we're home!" I shout from the front door where I take my shoes off. we walk into the living room where we find our mum sitting on the couch "wow ma, this is a total party house!" Summer chuckled, to which our mum replied with "well there's a strict no party policy". I sighed "whatever you say ma" I whisper to her as I bend down to her level and kiss her cheek before going to look for a room to call my own while we stay here.

*a few hours later*
"oi Summer! do you wanna get to this party thing or not!?" I shout from the car "I'm coming! I'm coming!" she runs out of the front door and waves goodbye to mum, we both get in the car and I turn on the engine. we drive off after I handed Summer my phone, she looked confused at first until I said "you're the DJ" with a big smile "ayyyy let's go!" she chuckles as I hit the gas while we drive through a secluded road. it was sundown so I open the sunroof for a bit. "WHOOOOO!" Summer screams, sticking her hands out of the roof as we speed down the road. I chuckle at her childish actions and slow down a bit before a turn, the turn to Ari's house. Summer smiles as we pull up in the driveway where Poppy, Bodhi and Marlon were waiting for us. I hop out and lock the car once Summer gets out "hey guys what's up?" I say dabbing Marlon up and hugging Poppy and Bodhi. "ay America is that your car?" Marlon asks me, I look back to my little black Porsche which was covered in decals I added to it "yeah" I chuckle as I look back at him. he whistled and walked over to it, looking it over "this is sick!" he exclaimed "hah thanks Brazil" I punch him gently while chuckling.

we walk into Ari's yard and see him setting everything up "hey goldie locks" I say from behind him getting him to turn around "hey guys! how do you like it?" he asks looking pretty pumped "it's great, you did a good job Ari" Poppy responds patting his shoulder. after a few minutes Honey races out "Summer!" she shouts hugging Summer, than she sees me and her jaw drops "AUTUMN!!" she full on screams as she runs up to me and jumps into my arms hugging me tightly "he-hey!" I say happily hugging her back. she backs away and looks up at me, I gasp "wow you're so beautiful" I say ruffling her short hair "and look at how much you've grown!" I exclaim looking a bit shocked, Honey smiled at me "yep I'm practically an adult" she says with a cocky smile

after a while Bodhi, Poppy, Summer, Honey and I are sitting down by the table as Honey tells us a story "yeah, and Wren's a total litter bug!" she whispers, I gasp and bring my hand to my chest "how so?" I ask her dramatically "last November, Tuesday afternoon, outside Farouk's Fish n Chips" Honey kept going as Summer, Poppy, Bodhi and I all leaned in and listened to Honey's story "she threw a sauce container at the bin, it missed went into the gutter. She didn't even do anything, just left it there. That was all I needed to know" we all chuckle "Honey, you're the real reason I came back" I smiled hugging her as we all smiled at each other. After a few minutes I heard a very irritating, squeaky voice. I look over to see Wren and the pink haired boy from earlier walking towards the yard "you pushed me first" she squealed as she pushed the boy with her shoulder. I roll my eyes at her comment and action "hey, who's that?" I ask moving my head towards the boy "that's Baxter, Wren's brother" Bodhi explained to Summer and I "oh shit, this is gonna be fun" we chuckle.

after an hour or two the state team was announced, I see Summer walking away with a sad expression and I chase after her "hey. Sum-Sum, what's up?" I ask her, she looks up at me "I uh...I didn't get in.." she mumbles. "Oh Summer, I'm so sorry...I'm sure it's just a mista-" I get cut off by my phone, I pull it out and my eyes widen as I slap my hand over my mouth. A small smile was brought to Summer's face "you got in" she said quietly smiling at me, I nodded slowly. After a few moments I remembered Summer didn't get in, I didn't wanna brag in front of her, my eyes filled with sorrow "I'm sorry Summer...really I-" I was once again cut off, this time by Summer "it's okay Aut, you're an amazing surfer, so much better than me. you deserve this! I'll be fine, I'm a sub so I still have a chance to surf" I smile softly at her "are you sure?" I ask. she nods "yes Autumn, I'm sure" I smile and get up "c'mon!" I squeal happily, we walk back over and Summer goes to make an announcement "can I have your attention please everyone!" she says loudly "first off I wanna say congrats to everyone who got on the team!" she smiled widely at everyone "I also wanted to tell you all that my amazing sister Autumn, got a wildcard spot on the team!" she exclaimed. "Wow, putting the heat crasher on the state team, that'll be interesting" Baxter says before popping a cracker in his mouth. "what about you Summer?" Ari asks looking between Summer and myself "I got sub, I'll be fine" she smiles, Ari nods and turns back to Wren.

Poppy, Bodhi, Summer and I were standing around and talking "I gotta go pee" Summer announced. Poppy nodded as Summer as she walked off into the house, after a few moments I broke the silence "I'm gonna go get myself some water, be right back" I smile at Poppy and Bodhi, "okay see ya" Bodhi says smiling back. I go into the house and head to the kitchen, I start pouring some water into a glass and hear a voice from the back door, I walk over to see Wren talking to Summer "I don't know why the selectors rewarded what happened by putting your sister on the team and even making you sub, it so confirms what Ari said about you two" Wren says in a slightly hushed voice, "and what might that be?" Summer asks looking a bit confused "well that you're both entitled brats who'll do anything for the slightest bit of attention" Summer looked surprised and a bit hurt "well whatever you've heard doesn't matter since we're all on the same team now, so you might wanna play nice.." Summer answered in a defeated tone "c'mon, Summer. we both know that neither you or your sister deserve this, and pretty soon everyone else will find out too" she says with a manipulative look on her face, I come out from around the corner "is that true, Wren?" I ask with a questioning tone "cause basing off of what I've hear both Summer and I are better surfers than you, so you know, really, it should be you who's sub and Summer who's captain" I say getting closer and closer to Wren who's now stopped talking all together "you know one day, Karma is gonna bite you on the ass. but hey, who needs karma when I could make your life, just. as. miserable" I whisper in her ear "don't think Tuscany didn't tell me what you did to her, consider these next few weeks payback" I smile "see ya round!" I pat her shoulder before Summer and I walk outside and head to the car.