happy birthday, not

I woke up to the sound of my buzzing phone, I pick it up and answer the call "what?" I groan loudly "get up" the voice sounds familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it "Poppy?" I ask as Poppy, Summer and Honey burst through the door "AAHH!" I scream loudly as Honey starts laughing "you good" she asks, laughing as I groan "no! you guys scared me shitless!" I exclaim bringing my hand to my chest "what do you want?" I ask them all "you've been sleeping till 12:30pm and there's a party outside, c'mon parties are your thing" I jump up as I hear Summer mention a party "going going going!" I rush to my closet and find a cute outfit. I then go to the kitchen with the girls and grab mums famous punch without her or Abbie noticing we go out to the little group that separated itself from Wren's lame ass party. There I saw Baxter and walked up behind him jumping onto his back "he-hey!" he chuckles as he holds onto me so I don't fall, I get off him and move in front of him "hi" I whisper, leaning into him and placing my hands on his chest "hi" he whispers back right before we kiss once "how you doing?" I ask before we go into another kiss "I'm okay, you?" he asks back before I steal another kiss from him "eh, I've been better" I say as I turn my back and lean back on him, he was leaning on a small stool, not properly sitting, I place my ass in his lap and lean my head back on his chest. He places his arms around my stomach and we stay like that a few moments until I hear some music I gasp "I love you but this song is just too good" I say kissing his cheek but he grabs my hand and pulls me back "you...what?" he asks "I love you" I answer back. His eyes widen "oh no, Baxter..." he cuts me off "no, no it's fine. go. have fun. and I love you too" he gives my hand a last squeeze before I run over to Summer and Poppy as we start dancing and sharing the punch around.

A little while later I was standing with Baxter and we were talking about random things "hey o uh- I've got something to tell you..." Baxter announces in a hushed tone "so uh- a few weeks ago, my sister 'demanded payback' y'know what I'm talking about right?" he asks as I nod slowly at him with a curious look at my face "uh...I was the one who... trashed Dice's room, Wren told me to get down there the day you guys got there and uh... she let me in to trash the room and make it look like you did it..." he says looking down at his fiddling hands. Suddenly the lights in the shed turn on "cake!" my mum shouts with a sarcastic smile. "I'm sorry Aut-" I cut Baxter off "just go. go" I nod my head. Summer and Poppy automatically come and comfort me "I'm fine guys" I smile at them "I'm gonna go see what those weirdos are doing" Poppy chuckles giving me one last hug and a kiss on the top of the head.

 As Summer and I walk over we see the birthday cake being brought out. We exchange a look and then head over "excuse me! we'd like to make a speech for our bEsTiE here!" I said the word 'bestie' in the girliest squeekiest voice I've ever heard.  "uh maybe after the candles?" Abbie says "nah this'll be quick" says Summer putting her finger up "Wren, birthday girl! It's been crazy getting to know you these past few weeks" Summer starts of said 'speech' "I'm sure everybody here could say they've honestly never met anybody like you" I start to finish it off "Summer, Autumn" our mum says Summer gives her a kind of death stare as I keep talking "once you set your mind to something, you don't let ANYTHING get in your way" I continue on as Wren looks like she's about to start crying. "I don't know how else to say it, you're just...a winner" I look around and spread my arms "a massive winner!" I smile widely, in a fake way but I still smile "happy birthday Wren" I say wiping the smile off my face in 2 second. I bend down and blow out the candles "Autumn!" Bodhi shrieks "what!? the candles were dripping" I say as Wren walks off "seriously!?" Ari shouts at both me and Summer. our mum then approaches us "now I know who stole the punch. bed. now. both of you" she says as we walk off. I look over at Baxter who's staring at us both in shock, especially me. Poppy shoves a few more chips in her mouth and then gets up, coming towards Summer and I, we all put our arms around each other, me in the middle, Poppy to my right and Summer to my left as we stumble down the drive way.

we were walking along the pathway of a now secluded road, Summer picks up a rock and throws it at a sign "aww darn!" she chuckles as she misses the sign by a mile, then Poppy picks up a rock and hits the sign. I do the same and also hit the sign "ugh, of course you two hit it! there's nothing you guys can't do!" Summer says gently nudging me as we walk. we then started shit talking Wren as we walked past subtropics "oh look, there's our beloved captain now" I say pointing to the picture in the window and rolling my eyes "ugh" Poppy groans before turning to me "y'know I totally believe that Wren framed you at the photo shoot" she says right before Summer chimes in "you know what me too!" my eyes widen at their comments I get down on my knees "yes, yes thank you!" I say dramatically as I start bowing down, I then get back up "and I think that you should've been captain Poppy, and that Wren should've been sub and you should've been on the team Summer" I smile "exactly!" Poppy shouts picking up a pebble "stupid Wren" she mumbles throwing it at the window which smashed as the pebble came in contact with it. the alarms started going off and Summer gasped before chuckling "oh my god Poppy!" she says, breathless from all the giggling, suddenly we hear sirens close buy as we see a police car come around the corner "shit" I whisper "it was a pebble, how does a pebble do that!?" Poppy shouts as her voice starts quavering "Manu's never gonna let me go to nationals now" she's practically crying at this point "okay Summer, take Poppy and get her home. I'll stay here and tell them I did it" I say calmly "no, no Autumn!" Poppy says "go go go!" I raise my voice as they starts to run off together. I head towards the curb and sit down as the blue and red lights flash in my eyes.