the doing of the 'purge'

Baxter chuckles as we walk down a small hill with the camp in our sights now "what? it's not funny!" I exclaim smiling at him. "you two are late" is Elo's way of greeting us as we stop in front of her "Elo, my favourite sister, how you doin'?" Baxter asked in a cocky tone "wait, no let me guess... hill sprints for all" he says pointing at her, using my shoulder as an arm rest. I shake my head and push his arm off smiling "don't listen to him, we're here to work" I reassure Elo "mmh I should hope so" she says as she finishes chewing a few chips she popped in her mouth "after the disaster of that photoshoot" she adds on, reaching back into the chip bag. my smile automatically leaves my face "no sprints. you two are gonna be cooking and cleaning for all of us, the whole time we're here" she throws an annoying, smug smile our way "are you serious?" Baxter asks, raising his eyebrows "yeah" Elo replies turning around. Baxter looks down at me and raises his arm, I bring it back down and hold onto it for a moment pushing him playfully as we smile at each other. "okay guys, frothlords. let's hit the beach!" Elo yells placing her hand on her head "frothlords!" Poppy shouts as Baxter and I stick our tongues out playfully at each other, catching Summer and Ari's attention as we so called 'flirted' with each other.

we surf for quite a while until Elo calls us back in as Bodhi, Poppy, Wren, Summer and Ari got ready to go out. Baxter, Griff, Tommy and I all head back to shore. I saw Bodhi talking to Poppy, it looks a bit awkward but I think nothing of it. as they were getting out I heard Bodhi and Wren talking "did she even land a single reverse" Bodhi asks "right?" Wren says putting on a US accent "yo, I've been surfing for, like, 3 seconds, watch me nail some sweet airs" they both laugh as Bodhi adds onto the conversation "maybe she should just stick to the trampoline" Wren laughs "true, oh my god!" I walk up to them "excuse me?" I ask with an angry tone "how dare you talk about my sister like that!" I call them out rather loudly, Wren scoffs at me "c'mon Autumn, you don't need to defend her just because she's your sister. everyone knows everything we just said was true" I stare at her blankly as she finishes speaking "YOU LITTLE BIT-" I go to lunge at her but instead someone picks me up and slings me over their shoulder as another person apologises to Wren and Bodhi. I finally get put down to see Baxter, Tommy, Griff and Ari standing in front of me "hey, chill out, breathe" Griff says patting my shoulder "what's your problem!? you just lunged at my girlfriend!" Ari shouts, I look back at him and start walking towards him "what's my problem!? REALLY WHAT'S MY PROBLEM!?" I scream as he takes a step back seeming surprised by my reaction "I'll show you what my problem is!" I shout until Baxter wraps his arms around my stomach and drags me back, Tommy leads Ari away to let me cool down "hey, what's gotten into you?" Baxter asks looking down at me. I just huff at him before trudging off to my tent.

after a while we're all seated around a small round table. "okay, I've called this little 'meeting' because I've noticed lots of tension between some of our team members." Elo looks at me as I look at Wren and stick my tongue out at her "so we're going to do this thing called a purge. you each get a piece of paper and a pen, you write down all the negative feelings which you're currently feeling for your other team members, then we burn those thoughts in the bonfire on the beach. you have 2 hours to write everything down." Elo announces before walking off. After about half an hour Baxter left the camp to go finish the surfboard or whatever, leaving me to do all the cooking and cleaning myself.

we were all standing around the bonfire as Elo spoke "draw a line under this moment" she says in a calm, soft tone "all of the negativity...all of those feeling..." she says looking to Summer and then me as she scrunches s piece of paper "they're gone" she moves her gaze to the others "and, from now until nationals, every last thought. should be strategy" my eyes meet Wren's as they fill with anger at the sight of her perfect little bitchy looking face "technique" Elo continues on as I finally look away from Wren and to the ground "and winning...pairs training at dawn" she waves as se walks off into the dark that's surrounding us and the fire. we're all either laying down or sitting in silence, Griff stand up to add some wood to the fire and finds a piece of paper "what's that?" Summer asks, also sanding up. Griff shrugs and un-scrunches the paper "'Bodhi's becoming a total sheep, it's pathetic'" he reads as Poppy jumps to her feet and goes over to Griff "Griff give that to me right now!" she says as she tries reaching for it but Griff raises it higher, out of Poppy's reach and continues to read "'Or she just does whatever Wren says'" Wren wriggles over towards Bodhi to 'comfort' her "'it's like she just latches onto anyone who can help her make it as a surfer'" Griff keeps reading, making the situation worse. I get up and snatch the note out of his hand "wow" Bodhi nods at Poppy, her eyes looking teary. Summer speaks up "to be fair, this isn't Poppy's fault. no-one was meant to read that" Summer says to Bodhi, defending Poppy. Bodhi nods again "too late" Poppy looks at Bodhi with a sad expression "what? so you didn't write anything bad about anyone else?" she snaps, basically yelling at Bodhi "I wrote that you're always showing off, and all this hooking up with different guys in secret. not caring about how it makes anybody else feel. it's arrogant."
"okay let's just call it a night guys" I say looking to my right at Poppy "No. No. No, it's not fair that Poppy and Bodhi are the only ones" Wren says standing up "I think...I think we should all hear something"
"no Wren that's a terrible idea-" Wren cuts Ari off "Ari, it's fine!" she snaps as Ari backs off "I mean...I'm happy to hear whatever Autumn wrote about me, seeing as she practically wrote and essay" Wren rants on as I roll my eyes "god, I didn't write about you Wren...well...not only you" I say in an angry slightly nervous tone "then who!?" she asks. I take a deep breath "Ari, Poppy, Summer, Bodhi, you" I look over at everyone "do you really wanna hear?" I ask as Wren nods in a sassy way "fine! Bodhi, Poppy's right! you're becoming a total sheep, following Wren's every move like her little puppy dog! Poppy, you're pretty amazing but I thought you had my back, but the photoshoot proved me wrong..." I look at Poppy, she has a bit of a stunned look on her face. I then turn to Ari "Ari, you're so gutless! you're so busy pretending everything's fine that you're disappearing into your girlfriends shadow. you're desperate to avoid conflict and play things safe. But life's not like that Ari!" I shout "and you of all people should know that!" I then turn to Summer "and Summer..." I scoff softly "where do I even start. you're meant to be my sister, my best friend. but you're not even close, after everything I do for you, help you convince mum to let you throw parties, take the blame for you, protect you, I could get sent to boarding school in Florida and you couldn't care less!" I shout "honestly, I'm tired, of all of you. I've had enough of this bullshit" I say before walking away. I head back to camp and grab all my stuff before leaving and heading home.