Sabotage

Summer came back from the competition beaming, I watched from the corner as her and Ari laughed as they entered the house. when they were seated on the couch I went outside, I already had my bikini on underneath my clothes so I just grabbed my surfboard, strapped it to the roof of my small, black Porsche and drove to the beach. I unload my board and start waxing it, when I finish I tie the ankle strap around me right ankle and hold the rope as I run into the water. I slide onto my board and paddle out, I sit up and watch for waves but none come my way. I realise it might be too late to catch any waves so I paddle back and walk to my car, I place my board gently into it's case and re-attach it to my car's roof before heading back home. Once I get home Summer was waiting for me at the front door. I walk up to her with a smile, it wasn't her fault I didn't get to go to the competition "hey!" she squeals happily "hey girly pop! how'd you go?" I ask enthusiastically "great! I got invited to a Subtropix photo shoot! and so did you!" she replies happily, my eyes widen "wait what!?" I shout "yeah! they said they've seen you surf and they're impressed!" she shouts happily as we both start squealing and screaming, holding each others hands and jumping up and down "we're going to a Subtropix photo shoot in Byron Bay!" Summer yells out happily.

the next day we got ready and headed to the airport where we met up with Poppy, Bodhi and...ugh...Wren. gross. anyways we got on the plane and I admired the beautiful sights from over 5,000 metres in the air. we finally got to Byron and hey gave us a Jeep which only had 5 seats, so they gave me some P plates and I drove us to our destination. on our way there Wren videoed us and we were all squealing and shouting with happiness, posing for the camera and being silly as we drove through Byron with the wind in our hair, it was kinda nice.

"finally" I say as we pull up to the place we were staying at. "wow" Poppy whispers as we all get out of the Jeep, they show us around and we all get settled in "okay Sum-Sum and Aut-Aut" Poppy says as Bodhi and Wren disappear somewhere "wat should we do first? room service or pool?" she asks looking in between us. Summer and I exchange a glance and then at the same time we say "why can't we do both!?" Poppy chuckles and finally manages to push out the words "good choice". Poppy, Summer and I get dressed into our matching pastel yellow and white bikini's from the gift bags we found. we head over to the pool and lay down in the chairs, after a few moments of silence we hear Wren and Bodhi approach, they were making a video I think? "and that's our salt water pool right there" I hear Wren point out, after a bit more babbling I hear Wren speak again "and I'm so glad to be doing it all with my bestie!" she squeals hugging Bodhi. Poppy then sits up and looks at Summer and I "okay, I have a challenge for you two" she announces "I want you guys to play nice while we're on this Subtropix trip" she smirks "oh come on!" Summer says in a hushed tone "yeah, why is it up to us to keep the peace?" I ask. Poppy pouts at us "oh c'mon! please! for me..." she says pushing her bottom lip out and giving us her puppy dog eyes, Summer sighs and I whisper "fine...for Poppy" Poppy then fixes her face and gives us a round of applause.

the next day we were getting ready for the photo shoot, I say a one-piece and picked it up "hey Wren, this swim-suit would look really good on you, you should try it on" I smile, handing it to her "awh thanks" she smiles back and looks at the swim-suit "see I can play nice" I whisper to Poppy as I walk past her. after an hour or two we went down to the beach and started the shoot. "okay, welcome ladies, you can call me Dice. I'll be taking the photos of you guys today, since it's the first time for you three" Dice gestures to Summer, Poppy and I "Wren will be my star, followed by Bodhi, Okay?" we all nod in agreement. a few minutes into the photoshoot I decide to go get a surfboard and add it to the scene. Poppy and Summer follow, that's when I hear Dice say "yes ladies loving the surfboard shots! good idea Autumn!" he says praising me. a bit further into the photoshoot and I was really enjoying myself, until Molly spoke up "okay Wren, Poppy, Autumn and Summer, let's get you out on the water" she smiles at us "uhm...what about me?" Bodhi asks "well Bodhi, I've still got some bikini tops I need you to try okay?" Molly says in a bit of a rude tone and Bodhi nods sadly. "I can do that, Bodhi can go surf. Besides the camera loves me" Summer steps in and adds a pose as she says 'the camera loves me' Molly chuckles and nods "I appreciate it Summer but we have a schedule, best to stick to it" she points Summer to the water. Summer gives Bodhi a sad smile before grabbing a board and running out to the water. 

after a few hours we got back to our hotel like thing, Summer and Wren were playing nice and checked on Bodhi together as we all sat down "Bodhi what's wrong?" Summer asks "yeah you look really upset Bodes.." Wren adds. "it's nothing...well it's just..." Bodhi says quietly "just what Bodhi?" Poppy asks "c'mon Bodhi you know you can talk to us, we're all here for you" I say smiling softly at her as I gently place my hand on her shoulder "well...when we were doing the photo shoot Dice said...that Subtropix only wanted me 'cause of 'diversity'." she sighs "I mean he said it like I didn't know what it meant!" she looks down at her hair tie which she was now fiddling with "he also called me an 'exotic creature'" I scoff "what a creep" I whisper, Wren nods in agreement "we need to get payback, he can't just treat you like that!" I say feeling angry for Bodhi "oh yeah and what do you say we do Autumn?" Wren asks "I don't know, trash his room, fill his camera bag with shellfish?" I say in a slightly questioning tone "guys it's fine, really" Bodhi says softly. Wren scoffs "guys we're just groms to them, the last thing we need is a reputation for being difficult" Wren looks around at us all "us? what about him and his reputation!? we should like call him out on socials" I scoff and shift my position in my chair "Autumn! just stay out of this! I said it's fine so just...leave it okay!?" Bodhi snaps at me. I back off "okay...sorry. I'll stay in my own lane" I say getting up and heading to my room. Once I get to my room I unlock my phone and face timed Ari, once he picked up I spoke "hey" I whisper "hey. how's it going?" he asks me "eh...okay I guess..." I say, keeping a low voice "okay, tell me about it" he relies shifting around on his bed. after a while of talking Ari spoke up and said "Wren's calling" I scoff "so? you're sponsored now you can decline any call you want" I whisper to him "true" he chuckles. After another half hour of talking to Ari, and seeing a bit of Honey, I went off to bed.

The next morning as we were getting ready for the second photo shoot of the trip, Molly called us all to the Villa "this is unacceptable! do you know how lucky you are to be here!?" she rants on "did we order too much room service...?" Summer asks in a cocky tone "you said it was complimentary" Poppy adds onto Summer's question. "Dice got back to his room this morning to find his camera bags full of seafood. his lenses are ruined. and someone wrote the word 'creep' in pink zinc on the walls" she explains to us all I chuckle at the thought of Dice's reaction. All the girls looked over at me as I laughed "what? it wasn't me!" I say looking at them all, a bit disappointed Summer and Poppy went against me "yeah, but, who called him a creep?" Wren asks with her annoying squeaky voice "I told you to stand down, why don't you ever listen?" Bodhi adds on "Wren, this was you wasn't it?" I say "this is exactly-" I was cut off by Poppy "Autumn, stop!" Summer looks over at me "us four all fell asleep on the couch, you disappeared" she says in a quiet tone. "I took a risk on you Autumn" Molly spoke up after being silent for a while "I'm calling your mum" I get up and chase after her "woah woah woah! that's unfair, I didn't even do anything! although he does deserve it after what he did to Bodhi" I say looking over at her "what did he do to Bodhi?" Molly asks turning and facing the other four girls "uh...well, during the shoot Dice said something...problematic" Wren says looking between Molly and Bodhi "it wasn't a big deal, let's just get back to work" Bodhi adds on, how could they all betray me like this!? "pack your bags. you're on the next flight home" Molly says to me before turning back to Poppy, Bodhi, Wren and Summer "the rest of you, beach in ten" she adds before walking off. I look to the others "thanks for having my back guys" I whisper before heading to my room.