Part 13

His pov:

"Sir, so far only 10 white Vitara's have been sold. 4 of them are out of town currently since it is near diwali time, 3 of these are owned by popular businessmen of the city. 2 of them are owned by the chief minister."

Arjun informs, panting since the poor guy has been on calls non stop.

"Where can we find the chief minister right now?"

I question.

"Sir, he might be in his regular meetings"

Arjun replies.

"What about the gps tracker?"

I ask

"Sir, it is near the chief minister's house"

Arjun replies, horrified.

"Turn left and move towards the residence of the chief minister. I am pretty sure he is behind all of this."

I reply.

"But how can we accuse the CM of such a hideous crime?"

Arjun counters

"When he first came to investigate the case, I observed no crease lines or panic on his face. The CM of a well known state should have been the most worried since elections are near. To add to that, there was someone constantly calling him on his phone. When he picked up the call he was very discreet about his replies. One thing he specifically said was "Bunglow number 56 is empty. There is enough space." This might refer to the place they wanted to put the 15 girls at."

I complete.

Arjun agrees with my explanation and adds,

"Why did you not question the CM then and there?"

"Because he is the CM. I had to have concrete proof of the accusation I was about to put on him. Now that we have a lead, I think we will be able to figure this out sooner than we expect."

Arjun nods and keeps driving.

"Arjun, why do you think he pulled this stunt?" I ask

"Maybe because he hates women."

I chuckle and answer "fair enough."

______

The car comes to a halt near the lavish mansion, The Roy Empire, owned by the CM Mahavir Roy. Both Arjun and I, get out of the car.

"Arjun?"

"Yessir?"

"We have to be very alert. Also we have to pretend that we are not here to investigate rather, present the report about the ongoing case to the chief minister."

"Understood sir."

We start walking inside. This was definitely going to be one hell of a ride.