part 17

His pov:

I dragged the roys and Zara into the confession room and asked them to take a seat.

"Speak." I said.

None of them dared to utter a word. I got up and threw a punch on Raghuvansh's face. Grabbing his hair, i tilted his head backwards and said,
"You better start speaking before I lose my goddamn mind and beat you to shreds."

"Z-zara was my girlfriend. When she told me about Aarohi and her equation, I got angry. Aarohi had been testing all of our patience. I tried hard to defeat her in every possible way but that woman would just not budge. So I made a plan. I kidnapped all of those 15 women and asked my father to hand over the case to you. Aarohi, being the officer she is, would definitely want to accompany you. Our plan was to bring her to our godown and kill her. This way she would be killed while saving the women and we wouldn't get caught either. We were going to shift them to Nagpur but little did we expect you to figure everything out so soon."

My blood was boiling at this point. So much just to kill an enemy. Human beings truly baffle me. We go off limits just to pull one person down. That's the reality of life isn't it? There are people waiting to pull you down like hungry beasts the minute you make a minute mistake but the same people will be found nowhere when you're at the top of your field succeeding. Zara, did everything she could to defeat aarohi, but she couldn't do it. Why? Because her intentions were wrong. Aarohi unknowingly succeeded. Why? Because she was aware of her own abilities and used them to the fullest.

I moved towards Zara, "Why did you want to kill aarohi so bad?"

"BECAUSE SHE TOOK AWAY EVERYTHING I WANTED." she shouted at my face.

"I WANTED TO BE WHERE SHE WAS BUT SHE GOT THE GOLD MEDAL AND WAS PLACED HERE WHERE AS I, WHO HAD ACQUIRED A SILVER MEDAL WAS GIVEN THE POST OF A MERE POLICE OFFICER. BEING IN THE CRIME BRANCH WAS MY DREAM. I WANTED TO HAVE EVERYTHING SHE HAD. IF I COULDN'T HAVE IT. SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE IT EITHER. I DON'T REGRET PULLING THE TRIGGER. I NEVER DID I NEVER WILL."

I shook my head and let out an exasperated sigh. This is what is wrong with people. We are overcome by rage in the moments we have to use our brains. If Zara wanted to, she could have chosen the right path by working towards her goal, instead she channelized all her energy towards taking revenge. Revenge is the beginning of one's own downfall.

After recording their confessions, I walked out of the room to continue with further proceedings until I got a call from the hospital. The floor beneath my feet vanished after I heard the person on call,

"Ms. Aarohi is losing her breath. We are trying our best, but doctor Shah recommends not to have enough hope. The chances of her survival are less."

No. This can't be happening. Not right now.

Vote 💗