Chapter 5

“Sky, you’ll go with me, right?” Rain asks, “Please, I’m scared to go by myself.” 

“Rain, you don’t have to do this, you know.” Sky says, “If P’Phayu is pressuring you to do something you don’t want to, you will tell me, right?” 

“He isn’t pressuring me, he has been very patient about waiting, it’s what I want, Sky, I promise.” Rain says sincerely. 

Sky sighs, “Fine, but you are buying me ice cream if I have to spend my Saturday at the Omega Clinic.” 

Rain leaves the clinic with his prescription, instructions on how to take them, and the suggestion to use backup protection, especially at first.

“What did the nurse mean by backup protection?” Rain asks.

It’s all Sky can do to keep from facepalming. He knows his friend isn’t dumb but Rain can be so naive sometimes. “Condoms, Rain, she meant you should also use condoms.”

Rain blushes at this. 

They go to a pharmacy across town to fill Rain’s prescription because Rain is afraid the auntie at the pharmacy near his home might say something to his mother. Not that his mother will be home anytime soon, the job she is working on has been extended for another few months, but Rain doesn’t want to take any chances. 

Afterwards, he and Sky go to get ice cream and visit the bookstore to see if the latest issue of the manga they follow is in stock. 

The next morning, Rain takes his first pills, not forgetting to set a reminder app on his phone. Next Friday is his and P’Phayu’s two month anniversary and Rain has decided that will be the day, special to both of them. Even though he has made up his mind doesn’t mean Rain isn’t scared. Actually, terrified might be a better way to put it. He meant what he told Sky though. He does want this more than anything. 

P’Phayu has let him choose what he wants to do, and Rain has opted for dinner and a movie at his boyfriend’s house. P’Fah was staying with his girlfriend for the night, and Rain knows they will have the house to themselves. That fits in perfectly with Rain’s plans. 

Rain arrives early and lets himself into the house with the spare key that P’Phayu had given him  two weeks ago. Rain has been here a few times and no longer feels awkward about just walking in. P’Phayu had told him that was one of the boyfriend privileges he had. P’Phayu is already in the kitchen preparing dinner, and Rain can hear him humming happily. Rain pauses in the living room, listening to the senior’s voice, he has a beautiful voice, and Rain is sure that if P'Phayu decided to give up architecture, he would make a fine singer. 

“Ready for dinner?" P”Phayu asks when he looks up and spots Rain. 

Rain nods and goes to the kitchen. “Will you keep singing? It sounded nice.”

P’Phayu seems to consider this, “If I have to cook and sing what will my sweet boy give me for doing all the work?”

Rain kisses P’Phayu on the cheek with a loud smack. “There, I paid you already,” he says. 

P’Phayu laughs and tousles Rain’s hair. “All right, but you can chop the vegetables.” He pushes Rain towards the cutting board, “Be careful of the knife though, if you cut off a finger I’m too lazy to doctor you.”

Rain pouts. He’s clumsy but not that clumsy. Well, not usually anyway. He carefully chops the vegetables, keeping the knife well away from his fingers just in case and listens to his boyfriend, singing as he works.  Somehow being around P’Phayu has eased his nervousness about tonight. Just being in the senior’s presence makes him relaxed.