Chapter 14

Rain wakes up from his nap slowly. There was something that had been bothering him before he lay down and now, he spends a few minutes trying to remember what that was. Suddenly it hits him. The party P'Pakin is giving them is tomorrow night. Rain is nervous about it. There will be so many people there and he won't know hardly any of them. At least Sky will be there with P'Pai he reminds himself.

Rain goes to look in the mirror, determined to do the five good things trick, but nothing appeals to him today. He knows a lot of the way he feels is because at five months along his hormones are all over the place. His doctor had warned him about it. He thinks he may also be hangry.

He checks the time, P'Phayu is taking him to find an outfit for the party then to dinner when he gets home from work, but Rain needs a snack now. Then he remembers that there is a little bit of the cherry chocolate coconut ice cream P'Phayu had bought specially for him in the freezer. Just enough for a snack. That brightens Rain's mood slightly, he could eat the stuff by the gallon but P'Phayu only buys him a little at a time to keep from overdoing it. Yes, his pup wants cherry chocolate coconut ice cream, Rain thinks with a smile.

He carefully makes his way down the stairs. The stair renovation was the first thing P'Phayu had done, but that doesn't mean Rain doesn't feel clumsy and awkward even going down normal stairs.

To his surprise P'Fah is in the kitchen. Rain starts to give him a smile but then he sees what is in his hands. The empty container of cherry chocolate coconut ice cream. Rain's eyes widen in horror. He stares from P'Fah to the container telling himself to be reasonable, telling himself that it's just ice cream and that they are going out for dinner soon, telling himself not to overreact. Rain takes a deep calming breath, Rain has this. Rain doesn't have this he bursts into tears just as P'Phayu walks through the front door.

Phayu sees the empty container in Saifah's hands and realizes what must have happened.

"Saifah, you asshole," Phayu says angrily, taking a crying Rain into his arms.

"But you said..." Saifah starts to say, he looks a little helpless.

"I said there was ice cream in the freezer if you wanted it. Vanilla ice cream. You have never eaten anything but vanilla ice cream." Phayu says.

Saifah groans, it was such a stupid misunderstanding. "I just thought it sounded interesting and I would try something new." Rain wails harder at this. "Rain, don't cry, I will get you some more."

"Now, Saifah." Phayu says sternly.

Saifah is already heading towards the door, keys in hand. He just hopes he can find a store that sells cherry chocolate coconut ice cream.

After Saifah leaves Phayu sits Rain down at the table and kneels next to him. "What's wrong, sweet boy? Really wrong."

Rain takes a breath and tells Phayu everything, how he's nervous about the party, how the wedding is in two weeks, how he's worried about school, and scared that he will be a horrible parent. Phayu listens to it all nodding in sympathy.

Phayu brushes Rain's hair out of his face then leans in and whispers, "Can I tell you a secret?"

"What?" Rain asks.

"I'm scared too." Phayu says.

Rain looks surprised at this, "You are?"

Phayu nods, "I am but I know one thing for sure, you will be an awesome parent because you have so much love to give. More than anyone I have ever met."

"You think so?" Rain asks.

"I know so, now if you will go wash your face, we have to get an outfit remember? Also, I bet I know someone who would like to go to their favorite Korean restaurant."