Chapter 12

Rain knows the elastic waistband of the uniform pants is necessary, but it doesn't mean he has to like them. He wishes he could wear one of his new pair of overalls to school instead. The magenta corduroy pair with a black t-shirt would be so cute. Instead, he is stuck in these stupid feeling things. At least the white button up covers the waistband.

It doesn't help that his skin feels dry and itchy no matter how much lotion he uses, and he can't get his hair to lay right.

Everything about today just feels like a good day to go back to bed but they already took half of Wednesday and Thursday off. They can't miss today as well, he doubts P'Phayu would even let him if he tried. "I don't feel like it." Is hardly an excuse the alpha would accept.

Rain knows that part of it is that, despite the brave words he told Sky, he is worried about facing his bullies today.

Downstairs P'Phayu is already waiting to pick him up. Rain gives the alpha a brilliant smile, not wanting him to know how nervous Rain is about going back to school today.

Mama is there as well. She and Phayu appear to be discussing something, but stops when Rain comes in.

P'Phayu comes and gives Rain a kiss on the cheek, "I got you something. It's not much, but if you feel sad, I hope it will remind you that I am thinking about you and I love you very much." He hands Rain a small rectangular box.

Rain opens it to see a silver charm bracelet with storm cloud and tornado charms on it. P'Phayu holds up his wrist to show a matching bracelet.

'I asked Pai's brother Plerng to make them for us, he's very talented." P'Phayu explains.

Rain traces a finger along the design then can't resist giving P'Phayu a kiss which he only breaks when his mama clears her throat to remind him, she is still there.

Blushing, Rain holds out his wrist for P'Phayu to put the bracelet on.

To Rain's surprise, Ple, Sky, Por, and Sig are waiting for them outside the school.

"P'Phayu," Ple says, "We'll walk Rain to class."

P'Phayu raises an eyebrow, but just nods. "Call me if you need me," he tells Rain.

"I will," Rain says with a cheeriness he didn't really feel.

There are a group of girls standing outside their classroom, Rain immediately recognizes them as some of the ones who had been tormenting him last week.

"Nice pants," one, Rain knows her name is Shea, sniggers, "did you borrow them from your mom?"

Sig slowly claps and says, 'Clever, very retro humor. So happy the classics never die out."

Several people laugh at this including some of Shea's group. The girl flushes red and stomps off.

The next encounter with bullies Rain and his group has to deal with is even worse. A particularly vicious boy named Trav calls Rain a very nasty word as the group passes. Ple whirls on the boy in a second and slaps him full in the face.

A passing professor stops and says, "What is going on here?"

Sky goes to him and whispers something. The professor asks a question and Sky nods.

"Trav, follow me to the dean's office." the teacher says.

"But she slapped me." Trav protests.

"Who?" the professor asked, "I didn't see anything, but I will not tolerate bullying."

"The professor teaches at a shelter for underprivileged omegas during his free time." Sky explains.

That entire day Rain's group stays by his side, shutting down the bullies at every turn. The group around Rain even grows as the day goes on. Meanwhile the supporters of the bullies are shrinking and even some of their so-called friends are telling them to shut up and leave Rain alone.