Friends

A fresh start. A complete new start to what we knew. It was strange, both of us agreeing, being friends; it seemed as though John was a new man. He didnt stare at my ass, which i'd caught him doing over the last month or so, i didnt blame him, he had it once, but not now. We were friends now. And it was fun. It was less awkward, i felt less awkward. Today was an away match and i was invited to help analyse. I was so excited, i was moving on up quicker than i expected. I had voiced my wants to persure analytics but i never thought anyone actually listened. It was exciting.

"Hey Lex. You excited?" John asked as he walked passed i presume on his way back to his seat from the coach toilet. He snapped me back to reality.
"Yeah, im so so glad im not just sat doing nothing anymore" i chuckled, he flashed a smile, a warm FRIENDLY smile.
"It's going to be good. Just stay with Mike you'll be fine." He said as he gave a slight wave walking back towards his seat.

The match was full of analysis. Its more of a technical job than i thought. Mike spent the whole match on the ipad watching, alaysing, figuring what we could do better. How to dominate, when and where to keep possession. It was amazing. So mind opening.

It was half time. 2-1 to Arsenal. Not the score thats wanted. They played good football though.
"In the changing rooms Lex, present our analysis, can you do that?" He asked as we walked down the tunnel.
"Uh yeah sure!" I said happily. I was fitting in straight away. This was exactly what i wanted.

Everyone was sat in their seats and Pep made a small talk before handing it over to me.
"Okay Guys! This half we had around 68% possession. Its great, but at the back- John, Nathe- you've got to find the wingers, if they arent making that option, gundo and bruno drop in everytime. Weve seen it. So play them if you need to."
"But Lex. Theyre playing a high press." Kyle said.
"Yes Kyle. They're also playing an extremely highline. So, from the kickoff this half. We need John or Kyle to place the ball in the chanel. Or even play into Kevin for him to release Roy. Just keep the workrates up. Any questions come over to me now." I said simply. Mike gave me a nod of welldone as everyone gave uplifting words to each other.
John strode over to me as i looked down at the ipad checking i didnt miss anything.

"So Lex, when attacking you want me and Nathe close?"
"Well in this situation" i show him the ipad where Nathan looses the ball very close to goal due to him forcing the play outwide.
"You need to either set Ed's or youve got to do the quick passes in the middle. So in possession give each other the option, close option, and out of possesion mark the players. You understand?" I asked
"Yeah, thanks" he smiled at me.
"Good luck."
"You too" he said as he walked off. He smelled so good. I couldnt help smell his scent. The way the grass effortlessly mixed with the natural scent of John, i never knew how to pronounce it, but he'd been wearing it years. He seemed happy considering we were 2-1 down.

The second half was extremely successful. Straight from kickoff Roy got the goal from Kyles assist all the way from the back. It was a surreal thing to watch. It was executed beautifully.

The game end 2-4 to Manchester City. An absolute thrasher of a game. Manchester City sat comfortably at the top of the table. It was the first game of the new year. A very good start to the new year too. It was amazing. I knew tomorrow was recovery and analysing of the game, done by the whole team, so i headed off quick after getting back to the ManCity ground.

Back in the office straight away was strange i usually had a bit more time before coming in, this new sort of job was so hands on. It was amazing. The presentation to the team went smoothly and i was having one of the best mornings of my life.
I was sat in my office, going over any notes i had been given. I heard a quiet knock on the door.
"Hey come in" i said.
"Hey" it was John again.
"Hello John you okay?" I asked simply.
"Yes only a quick question, you want to come play one bounce with me, Kyle, Kev and Roy? We need one more person?" He asked.
"Oh my god i have waited for you to say this! Yes i will!" I said as John laughed.
"Come on then." He chuckled as i bounced out the room.
We were walking down the corridor.
"You did good on Saturday. Yesterday even." He said.
"Ah thank you, it was really fun."

The conversations were cut short because it was time for one bounce. It was something John and I had done all the time, on the beach, in the living room, basically anywhere there was a ball we did it. It was so fun. And all of us played it for ages, it felt like hours, it truly did.

The ball had flown up in the air courtesy or John Stomes and i had made the cleanest touch of the ball ever seen in my opinion. Everyone gasped, in shock and impressedness.
"No way" John chuckled.
"Yes way i am getting better"
"Bro, the girls better than you." Kev chuckled, i laughed too.
"Sorry John, what can i say? Ive been practicing." John belly laughed, it was a sight to see he almost started tearing up. This was fun. Felt like the good ol days.

After another 20-30 minutes we all decided to call it a day.
"Hey Lex wait up." John said following me as i walked out the entrance.
"You okay?" I asked simply.
"Yeah im okay. I just wanted to say to you; its been nice being friends the last few days. Its better than before where you would avoid me at all costs."
"Thats not true" i come to a stop, chuckling.
"I mean it is." He chuckled too.
"Fine i guess i did sometimes, not all the time."
"Anyway, i just wanted you to know, your mum rang me." He said simply.
"Oh did she? What did she say?" I asked, what did she want now.
"She asked if i wanted to come round for food." I laughed, and so did John. "I said no."
"Good. I just want to move on from them, theyll be holding you back next." I chuckled.
"Well i better go but see you tomorrow Lex."
"See you tomorrow John." He flashed a smile and walked off.
It was the perfect ending to a perfect stressfree day. It was nice. I had gotten home today, not wanting to curl up into a ball and cry, or stress or have to ring up Kloe and complain about absolutely anything and everything. It was a good day.