The moment

The food was absolutely delicious. The presentation was honestly something else. The whole meal was spectacular. Mrs Guardiola did a magnificent job, the food tasted absolutely abysmal. So tasty. The conversation was lovely too i spoke loads to Keysha. She was so lovely, down to earth.

After dinner was finished we all went out into their extraordinary garden, there was many peices of furniture to sit on. I decided to sit with all of the wives, it seemed the right thing to do. To be honest, i hadnt seen Kloe in a while. She had probably went home with one of them. It seemed a her thing to do. She was single, having fun...

"So Lex! Whats the history with you and John." One of the wives mentioned to me, the group when silent.
"Uh well its a bit complicated you know." I simply said, i didnt really know how to explain it.
"Well were you guys together?" keysha asked.
"We were. For a long time actually. Years and years. It just didnt work out." I said.
"But you guys work together?" Someone else said. I loved how intrigued they were.
"Well we broke up well over a year ago now. I only started working a few months back. Its a shitty coincidence, but i love my job." I said.
"But Lex. Damn Girl the way he looks at you. Its not a shock he saved you a seat." A bunch of agreement came from the group of girls.
"What do you mean? Saved me a seat?" I questioned. This was confusing...
"Yeah well he was one of the first here. He said he was waiting on someone." Oh really... well this is intresting.
"Seriously?" I questioned.
"Yeah. His exact words were ' sorry you cant sit here, its for my plus one.' I didnt think John had a missus. And apparently he definitely doesnt."
"I mean we were together since we were teenagers. We just fizzled out."

"Well Lex. Im going to be honest, he is not over you. He stared at you like it was only you who mattered in the whole world. It was stunning to see how he looked at you. I wish Kev did sometimes you know." She said simply. I understood.
"It is hard though. Hes just so-"
"Handsome?" Keysha asked.
"I suppose." They all chuckled.
"Well why not another try?" Another asked.
"Well we're older now. Maybe its not right now, im not sure." I simply said. I still hadnt figured the answer out to that one either. It was extremely frustrating.

The chatter continued, less aimed around John and just general chatter. While chatting i couldnt help but notice John laugh and joke with the lads. Dont get me wrong, it was damn right attractive. But i had to remember, i wasnt here for John i was here because i am good at my job.

I decided i hadnt had enough to drink and made my way to the inside bar. I was waiting in a long ish line before i had finally reached the front.
"Hiya vodka and coke please. Double." I simply said and the barman nodded, he was cute. Not like John though. I had to remind myself what happened last time i flirted with someone around John. It wasnt very good. I wasnt going down that route again.
"Here darling. One vody and coke!" He said sweetly.
"Thank you very much."
"You are absolutely beautiful. May i ask your name?" He questioned, wow. He was hot. Not John again though.
"Lex. And yours?"
"Jameson."
"That's fancy. Proper posh name." I said as he chuckled.
"Well im a private bar tender, i have to have a fancy name."
"Wel i see." I chuckled.
"See you around, Lex." He smirked, as i walked away.

To my luck, i saw John stood at the door. This time he seemed impressed rather than annoyed.
"Flirting with the bartender aye?" He chuckled.
"Yep! No of course not. He asked my name i gave my name, asked for his..." John laughed, smiled, his eyes strongly lingered onto mine. I felt so weak when it came to John. He just did something to me that nobody else could.

"I mean you have a righ to flirt with whomever you wish." He smiled. He bounces on his feet lightly. He looks so cute when hes nervous.
"I wasn't interested in him." I simply said as i walked off. I heard Johns sigh. It was sweet to here. He was trying to be supportive.
As i was walking back to our girls area i ran into Kloe.

"Hey Girl, long time no see. Hows the night going?" I asked her. She chuckled.
"Soooo gooooood." She said sluring her words, drink in hand. Seemed she has had a good few hours.
"Thats good Kloe. Make sure you sober up." I chuckled as she continued to stumble pass me.

The rest of the night was fun. I also expected to drink a lot more than i did. It was nearing the end of the night and everyone was in a small party-type room dancing to music. The music was perfect, all songs were danced too and i was having a fantastic time with all the girls.
"Im sorry i dont even know your name!" I laughed to one of the girls. She laughed held my hands and kissed them.
"Valencia darling. Kevs wife." She smiled. as we continued dancing. The night was so fun. I dont even know what i was so nervous about before.

I noticed Johns eyes on me a lot but he never really came near. I decided it was my turn to find him. I walked through the halls of the house, in search of Mr John Stones. Even though we were just friends i was always wondering where he was, checking my shoulder. The decor once again filled my eyes and i didnt even notice him standing on the decking of the front garden, overlooking all of the expensively parked cars.
I stumbled over, all of a sudden feeling every nervous, knowing he knew i was walking to find him somehow. He always knew...

"Hey you." He chuckled, smiling at me as i met his glance, his eyes drifted towards my breast and back up to my lips then eyes.
"Hi. Wondered where you went." I decided to be straight to the point.
"Just needed some air. The musics loud. Its late, im tired."
"Its not too early to leave. You could head home" i wanted to solve his problem.
"No i like this. The party is fun. Ive chatted to loads of people i havent in a while. Its fun. Just had a long day. You're here." He simply said facing me again. Rambling on slightly...
"Well why dont we go on back in?" I asked. Wanting to dance the night away with John. That seemed fun. He always danced around with me before, nothing should stop us now.
"I mean yeah sure. But before we go." He simply said. I looked towards him in wonder.

And there it was. The Moment.

John turned to me, his large hands gently came up to my rose dusted cheeks and held them there lightly for a second, his hands were so soft. Eyes darting to mine, making sure i knew what he was doing.
"You're so beautiful."

He pressed his lips to mine. Ever so gently. I literally couldn't breath. I was completely frozen. I had missed his lips. I cant believe i had forgotten how Johns lips felt. But him kissing me, i remembered it all. Everything i wished i had forgotten came crashing into my mind. His lips gently pressed against mine for a few seconds longer before parting. His breath hitched in his throat...He lent in again, this time the kiss strong, less fragile, more tender. It was the kiss i had needed in this last year. It was the most beautiful kiss, some would say it was everlasting. He pulled away abruptly. I wished he hadnt.
"Oh, Lex im so sorry. I just got ahead of myself i am just so-" this time i lent up to him and placed a sloppy but still tender kiss on his lips. I wantes him to stop worrying...He sighed and placed his hands on the small of my back, pulling me closer, our torsos now touching comfortably; his hands being back round my waist after so long honestly felt like a dream come true. The kiss continued for a few more seconds before he pulled his lips off of mine and wrapped his arms around my neck. I knew it took a lot to do what he just did. I never expected him to do that ever. I hugged him back, of course i did. It was John. My John.
Eventually he pulled his arms from around my neck and stood awkwardly.

"I honestly feel like I've just ruined everything." He chuckled. He hadnt.
"You havent. Honestly, you really havent." I simply said, reaching out to grab his hand. We can continue or see where this goes maybe, i wasnt sure. I hadnt even thought about beyond this moment...
"But we were friends." He said. As if!!
"John." I smirked. "We were never, and will never; be friends." And with that i pecked his lips, i seemed to have pulled away so soon as John whined from the lack of contact and walked back into the house. I heard his chuckle from over my shoulder as i smiled over my shoulder. I noticed him look at the ground kicking his feet, like a little school girl.

I had walked back into the party with a new demeanour. I was flirty, happy, wanting to party.

"Where'd you go?" Valencia asked smirking slightly.
"Ah i just went to the toilet." I simply said as we all continued dancing and gossiping.

Eventually John walked back in. His eyes went straight to mine, as did mine to his. He smiled as he walked over to his mates. Seemingly distracted by me across the room. His body looked particularly hot today but knowing how his lips felt made me feel week in the knees, remembering everything made me see John in a complete new light.

And that was the moment that changed it all...