Game time

The game was played. The game went our way once again. 3-2 victory versus Arsenal for the second time this season. This season was becoming the ManCity show and we were all here for it. Erl was doing wonders up front, John was playing superbly anywhere he was put. This season had a great start. I was excited to see the end result.

The changing room was completely different this week. Everyone was singing, dancing about. It was a great atmosphere. I was happily stood with Mike and Pep as everyone danced and laughed around the changing room.
"Alexis! You're doing incredibly. Such good ideas." Pep said accent in full.
"Ah thank you. I mean i couldnt of done it without Mike." I said as Mike shot me a smile.
"Alexis, come to the dinner party i am hosting at my house, my wife is a marvellous chef, we usually invite the players and their partner to a meal once a season."
"Oh my that seems lovely."
"You can bring a friend, but don't come alone." He chuckled.
"It sounds like a great plan" i smiled at him.
"It's tomorrow evening at my house, ill send a driver to get you and a friend."
"Thats exciting, count me in."
"Thats so great to here! See you then." He smiled while walking away.
Mike had such a strange look on his face, almost amused.
"What?" I questioned.
"He has invited you to the inner circle dinner. I have never been asked to attend. Ive been here 4 years. How do you do it?" He chuckled patting me on the back.
"I have my ways." I chuckled, his laugh bellowed through the changing rooms.
I was slightly nervous now i had to go to this dinner party. I was of course going to invite Kloe. There was no doubt about that. It was exciting but nervracking you know.

"Right lads listen in." Pep said gathering the attention of all of the lads.
"Superb efforts. This is what we train for."
"I do want to say though. We need a round of applause for Alexis! She has fit into this squad perfectly and goes above and beyond for all of us here!" Everyone applauded and cheered, John cheered loudly in particular.
"Come in Alexis! Speech!" He said to me, gesturing me over to him.
He wrapped his arm around as as i chuckled lightly.

"Well boys! I dont know where to start. I havent been here long, no. But i honestly have never felt more welcome. Its like returning home, even though ive not been here before. You guys are the best group of lads i have ever met! And i am so proud to be a part of this team." I said almost getting a bit emotional. It was crazy to think this time a few months ago i would spend my nights alone with just me and Kloe watching random movies to make the time pass faster, its crazy to think how different my life is.

The rest of the evening was full of laughs and fun. On the bus home everyone was singing at least one song each. Making it all the way down to the front of the bus near me and Mike. There was no way i was going to do karaoke on a bus filled with sweaty men.
"Ahh Alexis! Your turn!" Bernardo shouted from the back.
"Noo i cant guys im sorry." I chuckled as a round of 'aws' played through the bunch.
"Just one song!?" John shouted as everyone chuckled. I mean why not, its fun and laughs anyways.
"Okay fine!"
"What do you want to sing."
"Umm... Doing Alright by Queen. Its one of my favs!" I said confidently.
"Okay!!" Bernardo said searching the song into his spotify to play through the bus speakers.

'Yesterday my life was in ruin,
Now today, i know what I'm doing...'

I sang the first lines of the song, everyone just kind of stared. It was daunting but not everyone knows these types of songs. I really did relate to it though. On a genuine level.

'Got a feelin' i should be doing alright'

I feel its the song that perfectly describes me. I noticed people were catching on to my reasonings behind this song.

I continued to sing, feeling all the emotions while singing. Ironically i made eye contact with John. He was sat in full exasperation, not too sure if i could desrcibe his facial expression, it was a mix of admiration and concern in my opinion. It was strange, he know how much i loved this song.

I sang my heart out.

'yesterday my life was in ruins'
'now today i know what im doing'

And with that i had finished my singing. Everyone applauded and cheered as my cheeks blushed bright pink. I wasn't embarrassed, it was just so unlike me to get up infront of all of these people and sing my heart out. I quickly sat back down and chuckled to myself. What am i like? I have changed so much other the last month or two its crazy. I decided to ring Kloe and asked her to be my date at the dinner tomorrowe and of course she agreed. To be honest i did just spend the rest of the journey on my phone, i felt awkward again.

I noticed i dozed off when we had finally got passed birmingham.

"Lex...Lex..." someone was saying, shaking my shoulder.
"Ugh." I said mumbling as i wiped the sleep out of my eye.
"You fell asleep, come.." he said, i had now figured out it was John.
"John..." I mumbled.
"Yes babe, its John." He said sweetly. He picked me up and i presume walked me off of the bus. He kept on talking to make sure i stayed awake but i just kept dozing off. Eventually he managed to keep me awake to put me on my feet.
"Such a deep sleeper." He chuckled.
"I am so knackered, honestly John." I chuckled wiping my eye once again.
"You best get yourself home..." he said simply.
"Yeah good idea. You going to the meal
Tomorrow?" I asked. I was curious who actually went to this meal thing.
"Yeah. Wait, youve been invited?" He questioned.
"Thats usually only the players their partners and Pep, never usually any staff. Thats crazy." He said.
"Yeah i wasnt sure why i was invited but i am so..." I chuckled.
"It means he likes you, Lex. Its good." He said.
"Where's your car?" He questioned.
"Just over there.." i gestured over to the carpark.
"Ill walk you to your car." He smiled.
"Ok..." i said simply.
The walk was filled with general chat, he asked me how i felt singing infront of everyone and i was just completely honest.
It was daunting, but fun, it seemed to get a lot of emotion off my chest.
"Well heres my car." I chuckled.
"Well i do want to say, your singing was beautiful."
"Thank you John." I said sweetly. He smiled.
"Goodnight." He flashed a smile and caressed my arm before walking off into the night.

And with that my day had come to a close, i had woken up enough to just drive home and get myself situated in bed ready to get an early night.

From John at  11:37pm
You did well today x

I sat and observed the message for a second. It was a sweet gesture. A genuinely sweet gesture.

To John at 11:43pm
You played well :)

Eventually sleep took over me, my bed swallowed me and i fell asleep peacefully. With only a few things on my mind. John. The win. And... thats it