Chapter 16

Janet

I'm back at the hotel after the show, which ended a couple hours ago.

It was great. The fans energy was amazing, and our crews energy too. I haven't had that much fun on stage in a while. My mind still wasn't totally calmed, but I think I put on a good show.

We were supposed to all go out after the show, but instead I'm here because Toni told me to come back to my room.

I don't even know where they all went. When the show was over, they were gone, and nobody knew where they were, so I called and she said that.
It's almost 12 in the morning, and there's another show tomorrow, so she's got about an hour before I'm in the bed.

Just as I thought that, what do you know? There's a knock on the door.

I walked over to open it, and when I did, it was her and Elijah. That's a shocker.

She walked in, and he smacked his lips before walking in past me.

"Where did y'all go?" I asked, closing the door and walking over to the chairs.

They sat on the couch, and I could see Elijah didn't want to be here.

Toni cleared her throat and looked at him to speak.

He didn't, and instead shook his head and leaned back on the couch.

"Alright, well I guess I'll speak." She started. "Your son thought it was the brightest idea to leave the concert by himself and hitchhike his way to Tamar's house." She said.

"What?" I asked out loudly.

He laughed to himself and sat up. "Here we go...again."

I can't even believe what's been going on these past few weeks with him. I can understand that what's going on between all of us is hard, but that gives him no right to do these things. I've been straight and honest with him about most of this stuff happening, and he just doesn't stop.

"Why would you do that?" I questioned.

No response.

"Elijah, I'm talking to you. When I'm talking to you, you answer my questions." I said seriously.

He looked at me but again didn't answer my question.

I laughed and stood up to walk over to him. "What's wrong with you?" I tried to ask as calmly as I could.

He stood up as well and slightly towered over me. We were face-to-face, eye-to-eye. Looking into his eyes, I'm not seeing his true self. I'm seeing aggression, rage, and hurt from whatever reasons he has in his mind. I don't get it.

"You know, I asked myself that the other day." He said seriously. "I asked myself what's wrong with me? Why do I feel like this?" He said straight faced.

Toni stood up but didn't say anything; she just watched cautiously.

He laughed. "I shouldn't feel the way I do," his tone started to get louder. "I have everything I possibly need. I'm living in a mansion; I have the things I want; I'm getting the education I need; I damn near don't ask for nothing. That doesn't mean anything to me right now!" He yelled.