Chapter 25

Y'all finna be tired of me😭
(Long chapter ahead!)

Janet

What has transpired in the past few hours, I still can't fathom.

Everything just happened so quickly.

Flashback: Three hours ago

"Elijah, where are you?" I asked through the phone.

"We're leaving. Our school is losing anyway, so we're just gonna go get—"

"Go back inside!"

"Why?"

"Someone's there to hurt you. You gotta go back inside." I looked from the phone to the road ahead of me.

"What? Who?" He stopped walking and looked up at something.

I saw someone reach over to hit him, and he backed up before they could. His phone fell out of his hand and landed face down.

"Oh shit!" One of his friends yelled.

"Elijah!" I shouted.

Not being able to see what's going on makes my mind race even more.

"Get back he's gotta knife!" Armon yelled.

There was a lot of commotion, and then suddenly a few gunshots went off, making everyone get quiet.

My mind immediately went to the worst.

"Elijah..." I said in an asking tone.

"What happened?" Toni asked me, panicked.

I tried to focus on the road as much as I could all while trying to figure out what's going on. The phone is pitch black, and I don't know what happened.

"Fuck!" Elijah cursed, picking up the phone.

There was a gash on the side of his face, and it leaked blood. It made my heart sink.

"Elijah what the hell happened?" I asked loudly.

He looked at his face in the phone camera.
"Ma, I—I gotta call someone."

"Who shot? What—"

"I gotta go." He said before he hung up.

Now my mind is on a thousand, and they could still be in danger. I can't get there any quicker.

Flashback Over

We're now at the hospital, and they're treating Elijah for his cuts. Keri cut him in the side of the face and the back of his shoulder while they were fighting. They're both pretty deep cuts, but they said stitches hopefully will be all he needs.

I'm just glad he's going to be okay. It could've definitely been much worse. It could've been the same as what happened to me.

On the other hand...Armon is the one who shot. In the midst of the fight, he saw Keri had a knife, and the only thing he thought to do was shoot.