Chapter 24

Toni

I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my necklace. I can't lie, I look good as hell.

Janet and I are going out to dinner, and it's our first time going out in months. I'm feeling a lot better than I was a few days ago, and that's really the only reason I decided to go.

Slowly but surely, we're going to have to work back to what we had, and truthfully, I hope we can get there. There's a small thought in the back of my head that thinks we can't, but I try to ignore that because I don't want it to be true. I just wish this all wouldn't have happened and this wouldn't be a problem now.

I picked up my phone and cut off the lights, walking out of the bathroom.

"Damn," she said out loud as I walked over to the dresser.

I grabbed my perfume and sprayed some on. She came up behind me and put her hands on my waist.

"Nope. I don't like you like that right now. Back up off me."

She disregarded what I said and slid her hand to my stomach. "Hear me out,"

My mind blanked for a second, and I started falling just that quickly. There's no way I'm letting this happen.

As soon as I felt her lips on my neck, I pulled away. That would've sent me.

"You thought you had me. I'm stronger now; you can't fold me." I teased, opening the bedroom door.

"If we didn't have somewhere to be, trust me, I would've."

I scoffed. "That's never stopped you before."

I made my way to the stairs and walked down them. When I got into the kitchen, Elijah was there. He's supposed to be going to that basketball game tonight, and Jayla is with Tamar.

"Elijah, aren't you supposed to be gone already?" I asked.

He looked up at me and raised his eyebrows. "Where are you about to go?"

"We...are going to mind our business." I said, referring to me and Janet.

He looked down at his phone, which was propped up, and back at me. "Where the rest of your outfit?"

I laughed and went to walk behind him, making him grab his phone. "Hey now I'm on live they can't see you like this, and you can't go out like that."

"Boy please," Janet said, walking in here with us.

She walked over to him and picked up his phone.

"How many people you got up on here?" She asked, going over to the bar stools. She sat the phone in front of her and sat down. "Why all these people in here? How y'all know my son?" She asked curiously.

He tried to take it back, but she pushed his hand away.

"Ma they don't wanna talk to you."

I walked over towards them, and Elijah stepped in front of me, shielding me from the camera. "Go put some clothes on."

"Elijah these are clothes." I insisted.

He smacked his lips. "Not enough,"

"Ok I'll just stand behind Janet so you can't see my outfit."