thoughts

Eddies pov

I'm crying. I'm crying because I don't understand why things have to change. Why I can't make everything perfect, and everyone happy. And why do I get upset about the small things? Why can't everything stay perfect. Forever. A specific summer that was perfect. I don't want to look forward to anything, I want to stay stuck up on the past. And the funny thing? Nothing bad has happened. I'm just overthinking, here in my bed.

But there's Richie. Richie makes everything better. Richie is my ray of sunlight on my darkest days. Which is why I think about him most when I'm worried, what if I lose him? What if he meets someone else? What if the universe drags us apart? What if what if what if.

My head is constantly racing, constantly, 24/7 there are thoughts about the worst. With Richie, with my friends, with my mom, with school, with the future. Everything.

I'm on the phone with Richie, and I'm silent. I'm silent because the anxiety is eating me up from the inside and I feel like if I talk I'll throw up. Richie hasn't said much either. He knows.

"I'm coming over." Says the voice of the boy who owns my whole heart.

I snap out of my thoughts, "Huh?"

"I'm coming over, eds. That okay?" He asks.

I nod, forgetting for a moment what's going on and that we're on the phone. "Yeah." I reply quietly, almost a whisper.

The phone is hung up. Im anxious. I know he's coming over to comfort me, I know it. So why is my mind saying he's mad at me, or he's annoyed at me, or he's breaking up with me, or he likes someone else? I hug my knees and feel stuck until there's a knock on my bedroom door and it opens before I can respond.

I look up and see Richie, immediately feeling better. He smiles at me and sits on my bed next to me without saying a word. He changes positions and sits against the head board, opening his arms. I go over to him and let his arms wrap around me, my head falling onto his chest. He's rubbing my back and a few tears escape my eyes, and I'm not sure why. I'm such a baby, I would usually think, but I'm too overwhelmed by the thoughts slowly leaving my brain to the comfort of Richie holding me.

"I know you're scared eds, but I'm right here. I love you, very much. That won't change." He says softly.

I nod and apologize for being dramatic. He tells me not to apologize. I fall asleep. I wake up. He's still there. The thoughts are gone. I know it's a good day, because there aren't any thoughts. He's still asleep, he's still holding onto me. I kiss his cheek, and everything is perfect again.

first chapter bc i randomly wrote this?! eddie is so me i'm projecting, anyways if ur reading this leave one shot suggestion 😈