something we waited for (2)

"Myra- I'm not having this conversation with you again." 

Eddie was angrily talking to Myra about their pending divorce through the phone while standing in Richie Toziers apartment kitchen, wearing sweatpants and one of Richies shirts. It was 8 AM on a Saturday. 

Richie came up behind Eddie and hugged him tightly, but not tight enough to hurt his healing back. Eddie was doing good. It had been a month since the incident. Once Eddie was healed enough, Richie traveled with Eddie back to New York. They packed all of Eddies belongings and stayed in a hotel for a couple of weeks. Eventually, Eddie was ready to leave. They brought all of his moving boxes to Richies apartment in Chicago. Eddie had been there for a week now. 

"Okay. Bye, Myra." Eddie sighed and hung up after another 3 minutes of talking. Richie kissed Eddies cheek softly. Eddie smiled and melted into the touch. 

In the month since Eddies accident with pennywise, followed by their confession of love to each other in the hospital, the two had been doing amazing. It was strange for Eddie to be doing things on impulse, staying in a hotel near his New York house, then moving in with Richie all the way in Chicago just 3 weeks later. But he felt safe with Richie, he didn't care as much about the future because he realized Richie was in the future. Why not live with him if they were never going to be separated again? What would be the point of being all on his own in New York? Who cares that his and Myras divorce wasn't finalized yet? Eddie had never had a 'who cares' attitude, but who cares? he thought. 

"Still being a bitch, I see?" Richie rolled his eyes and let go of Eddie, grabbing the coffee he had prepared for him from the counter and handing it to him. 

"Always. Thank you, Rich." Eddie smiled happily at his boyfriend while taking the coffee. His boyfriend. 14 year old Eddie would've had a heart attack. 

"Sit down, my love." Richie grabbed Eddies hand and led him to the couch in the living room. Richie always wanted Eddie resting. Even though Eddies healing was going amazingly. Eddie thought it was the sweetest thing ever. Richie took care of Eddies every need. He didn't think it mattered that he was injured, he thought Richie would do it anyways. And he was correct. Richie would do anything for Eddie. Hurt or not. And its always been that way. 

Eddie put his head on Richies shoulder. His head was always on Richies shoulder. Richie wrapped his arm around him and rubbed his side gently. 

"Soon, you won't have to talk to her ever again." Richie reassured. 

"Unless she breaks into your apartment and tries to steal me back."

"She's too fat to do that." 

Eddies laughing. He's always laughing with Richie. Before the reunion of everyone, Eddie felt like he hadn't laughed in 27 years. Eddies laughing turns into Richies laughing. 

"Are you up for spaghetti tonight? No pun intended. I make really good spaghetti." Richie grinned. Eddie rolled his eyes, but he was smiling. 

"Yeah, that sounds good." 

~~~

After Richie and Eddie got ready for the day, they went to the grocery store to get some ingredients for dinner as well as snacks. The rest of the day they chilled out and watched TV. They kissed. They took a nap. They kissed. They took a walk to get Eddie moving. They kissed some more. 

Now, Richie was setting out plates for the two of them. After a few minutes of eating, Richie spoke up. 

"Eds? Can I talk to you about something?" He asked.