after work

"Hey eds." Richie smiled when he walked into his room to find Eddie curled up in his bed, somehow still awake. 

Richie had a job at the Aladdin and had just got home at around 10pm. Eddie had said earlier that day that he might go home, but Richie was glad he stayed. In all honestly, Richie knew he would stay. Since turning 18, Eddie practically lived at Richies house. 

"Richie," Eddie dragged out his name and smiled, barely making out the outline of his boyfriend in the dark room. 

Richie walked over to the bed, leaned down and kissed Eddies forehead gently, "I'm surprised you're still awake." Most nights that Richie had work and Eddie stayed at his house, he would find Eddie fast asleep by the time he got home. 

"Barely, but I missed you a lot tonight." Eddie replied and looked up at him. 

"I missed you too." Richie found one of Eddies hands and brought it up to kiss the back of it, then went to his dresser and changed from his work clothes into pajamas. 

Richie had ben working a lot recently, trying to get enough money to comfortably start college, and be able to keep his car going for as long as possible. Him and Eddie were going to college together, but Eddie didn't drive, nor did he have a stable job. 

His mother never let him drive, now that he already turned 18, he decided to just wait until college to learn. As for work, he sometimes cleaned a couple elders houses for a small profit, but that was only when needed. He felt bad that Richie provided a lot for him, and drove him everywhere and paid for most of their dates, but Richie truly didn't mind. He loved doing anything for Eddie, and he knew clearly that Eddie was never taking advantage of Richies cash or car. 

"I'll be right back eds." Richie said and left quickly to use the bathroom and wash up a little. He always felt gross after work. 

"Come here." Eddie groaned when he walked back into the room. 

"Okay okay." Richie said with a small chuckle and climbed into bed next to Eddie. 

Eddie immediately clung to his side, laying his head on his chest. Richie wrapped an arm around him and held him close.

"How was work?" Eddie asked followed by a long yawn. 

"It was alright." Richie answered followed by a yawn caused from Eddies. 

Eddie smiled and picked his head up to kiss Richie gently. Richie always got butterflies when kissing Eddie, even after dating for almost 2 years. 

"I have the weekend off, we can do whatever you want." Richie whispered now. 

"Okay." Eddie whispered back and tapped his fingers on Richies chest happily. 

"I love you." Richie said while almost asleep. 

"I love you too, Rich." Eddie responded moments before passing out as well.