spin the bottle

"Let's play spin the bottle!" Stacy suggested. And Eddie wanted to go home more than he already did. 

The losers had all gotten invited to this stupid end of summer party at this girl Stacy's house. Somehow they all collectively agreed to go. Eddie said it would be dumb, but of course no one listened to him. The closest he got to getting out of it was when he was on the phone with Stan getting ready, complaining about not wanting to go. Stan suggested that he should just not go, and that him and Bill would leave early to come hang out with Eddie. But Eddie refused because he didn't want to make anyone leave early, and he didn't want to be the only one who didn't go. Stan used to back him up on not going to parties, but ever since him and Bill made it official, he doesn't mind going anymore. 

Bill took Stans hand and led him to the couch away from the circle that was forming, they wouldn't be participating in spin the bottle. Eddie wanted to throw up. He didn't want this game to be played. For a specific reason. He got up and sat on the couch next to Stan and Bill. He didn't care if he was invading their space, he wasn't playing that stupid game. 

"N-not p-playing Eddie?" Bill questioned. 

"Do you even need to ask that?" Eddie replied with a scoff. 

Stan laughed a little, Bill put his hands up in surrender and laid back. 

Everyone in the circle started playing and- oh. There it was. The specific reason Eddie hadn't wanted the game to occur. Bev was spinning and it landed on Richie. Eddie didn't think he'd ever been more disgusted in his life. Until 15 seconds later, when he became way more disgusted. Richie spun and it landed on Connor Bowers. Eddie felt like he could pass out. Their lips touched for a little longer than they should have.

The game went on and Eddie had a blank stare for about a whole minute. 

"Eddie? Eddie?" He snapped back into reality and heard Stans voice saying his name. 

"Dude, you look pale. Are you alright? I know it's a stupid question, but have you had anything to drink?" Stan continued, he knew that Eddie must have been upset because he saw Richie kissing other people, Eddie had never admitted it, but Stan is very observant. He still would never accuse Eddie of it, so he didn't mention Richies name. 

He was about to ask Eddie if wanted water or something, but Eddie stood and ran up the stairs to find the first unoccupied room. He sat on the bed and just stared at the ground. He wanted to cry, but he didn't. He wanted to leave, but Richie was his ride. "Fuck, Richies my ride." He cursed under his breath into the empty room. 

Back downstairs, now that Eddie had gone, Stan could finally knock some sense into his best friend. He walked over to the circle and smacked Richie on the back of the head. 

"Ow?!" Richie exclaimed and looked behind him to see Stan giving a disapproving father look.

"What? What'd I do?" Richie asked, genuinely confused. He stood up and looked at Stan. 

"What the fuck are you doing? Kissing people- Connor of all people." 

"What?" He let out an annoyed sigh, "Its a game Stanley. What the fuck are you talking about? You jealous?" 

Stan rolled his eyes, "Somebody is jealous." 

"Who?" 

"Where's Eddie right now, Richie?" 

"Well he's on the couch next to Bill- oh. He's not on the couch next to Bill. Where'd he go? Is he okay? What does that have to do with anything?"  

"Richie. Eddie is jealous. He saw you kissing Connor and I think he almost threw up."