something we waited for

"Stan! Stan- what do we do?!" Richie was screaming, holding Eddie in his arms as the neibolt house was crumbling into dirt pieces. He could barely see out of his eyes with tears spilling out by the second. All he saw was a blurry picture of his Eddie, with blood all over him. 

His best friend Stan was already ahead of him, dialing 911. Richie was ignoring everyone but Stan and Eddie. He was on his knees holding Eddie in his arms. "Eds-" He breathed out. "Stay with me, please." 

Pennywise had gotten a huge cut in Eddies back. He would've impaled him if Richie didn't pull him down quick enough. But he still got him. Richie still couldn't protect him. A week ago he had barely remembered Eddie Kaspbrak. The moment he stepped back into Derry he knew he had to protect him. But he didn't. Not enough. 

Beverly was trying to help comfort Richie but he shoved her away. The ambulance showed up, not quick enough. Eddie was losing blood by the second. Most of it was a blur for Richie, Eddie getting put into the ambulance, Eddie getting hooked up to an IV, Richie getting told to stay back and to try to calm down, but he couldn't. He wouldn't. 

The ambulance got to the hospital and the paramedics took Eddie inside and started passing him off to the nurses, rambling fast medical terms that Richie couldn't focus on. 

"40 year old male, large laceration on his back..." Eddie. They're talking about Eddie. 

"...we got the bleeding slowed, but he might go into cardiac arrest." Cardiac arrest? What if he- 

"The laceration seems to have penetrated several levels of muscle..." But I moved him out of the way-

"...likely spinal and nerve damage. Start immediate hemorrhage control." Nerve damage? immediate- 

"Let's prepare for immediate emergency operation." Immediate. Operation- 

The nurses started taking Eddie through the door. 

"No! I have to go with him! I have to be with him- you don't understand!" Richie started screaming again, sobbing. One of the technicians that was near the bed held his arm, "Sir, you need to stay back here. You can't go into the operating room. We're going to do everything we can to help him." 

"No! I don't trust you with him!" Richie was screaming and crying so much that most everyone could hear. 

"Sir, you need to calm down or we'll have to call security." The technician said calmly. 

And it got somehow worse. Richie threw up all over the hospital floor. 

A nurse came over and guided Richie to a seat, the other people in the waiting room looked horrified. Just then, Stanley bursted through the door, immediately seeing Richie in the chair with the nurse. By the way Richie was reacting, Stan was scared Eddie had died by the time he had gotten there. 

Richie jumped up and fell into Stans arms, sobbing uncontrollably. 

"Rich, what's going on?" He questioned, holding onto him, trying to prevent him from falling over. 

"They took him, Stan! They took him back there and- and-" He can't get anymore words out. Stan helps him back to the chair and sits him down. "Is he in the operating room?" He asked. 

Richie nodded, still sobbing insanely loud. Stan rubbed his back, trying to calm him down. He was crying as well, extremely anxious for what was going to happen, but he tried his best to not freak out so he could help Richie calm down. His heart broke for him. He knew how much Richie loved Eddie. Everyone did. Richie had never admitted it, but everybody knew. Especially now.