a long and torturous treasure hunt begins

Third Person's POV

Halle was sitting on Nate's bed as he pulled a black box from under his bed. Inside was a jersey shirt, a baseball, Nike shoes, post cards, polaroid's and other stuff.

Halle got down and knelt beside him. He was looking through the post cards as Halle grabbed one and looked at it as she tried to read Sam's handwriting. He looked through the polaroid's, and then the sic parvis magna necklace that Sam gave him.

Nate made a look as he slowly put the necklace on, as Halle was confused as she looked at him. "What are you doing? You better not accept my father's offer?" Halle says as the word 'father' sounds foreign on her tongue.

"That's exactly what I'm going to do." Nate says as Halle puts the post card where the other cards at as Nate puts the stuff back into the box.

"You trust him? I wouldn't trust him, as far as he throws." Halle says giving him a look.

"Well, he's a friend of my brother, so he's a friend of mine." Nate says as Halle doesn't see the point of teaming up with her father, as they don't exactly have a great track record.

"Don't you want the treasure?" Nate asked her as she raised an eyebrow. 

"Only reason I'm here in the first place is because my grandfather is in bed, and I don't want to hear him snore all night. Okay? But after we finish this job I'm sleeping for a hundred years."

"You're funny." Nate says smiling at her, using his charm to get Halle to accept his offer. "Also think about it this way, it's me getting to know you."

Halle gives him a weird look as she saw a bottle of vodka as she grabbed the bottle and drank it. "Fine, only because you have good taste in alcohol."

Nate knew that Halle would be drunk and hungover when they start the treasure hunt tomorrow. It's going to be funny, as she's never been drunk before. Then again she wasn't that type of person to drink alcohol.

As Halle was drinking away, he called Victor's number. "Hey, kid, what took you so long?" He asked from the other line.

"So, when do we start?" Nate asked.

。ₓ ू ₒ ु ˚ ू ₒ ु ₓ。

Halle, Nate and her father Victor walked down the street together. Halle kept her hands into her pockets.  "There's an auction coming up." Sully started. "Biggest collection of spanish renaissance art and artifacts anywhere in this country, one of those items is la cruz de la hermandad."

Nate drank his coffee while Halle listened intently. Victor showed a picture of the item. It was a cross key thing made of cold that had intricate designs and red gemstones on each ends. "It's just a cross you idiot, it's a key that unlocks the chamber where the infamous eighteen hid their gold."

Nate snatched the picture. "Very cool, but the legend said there are two keys. One of the captain and one for the crew, so no one man could steal the gold by himself. One key doesn't do us any good." He said as Halle gave him a blinking confused look.

"Did you ever go outside when you were a kid, or read history books?" Halle asked him as she snatched the picture like he did to her. "How the fuck do you remember this shit?"