this is where shit happens, and i'm question how we haven't died yet

Halle's POV

When her henchmen thought the orlop was all clear our tense bodies relaxed, then indistinct chatter, sand shoveling, chains rattling and helicopters whirring were heard outside.

"What is with you and small spaces?" Dad asked Nate grumpily. 

"Got this thing jamming up my ass." Nate grunted, not paying attention to Dad, instead paying attention to the thing under his ass. He reached for the thing and pulled out a bottle.

"Don't even think about it." Dad warned as Nate was eyeing the bottle. To his knowledge, Magellan's ships were around five hundred years old. The contents in the bottle had to be extremely filthy since it had been untouched for so long.

"Oh, I'm thinking about it." Nate says as he takes a whiff. "It's rum." He says as he brought the bottle to his lips.

"If you drink that, I'm not kissing you." I say before he could take a sip of the vile definitely disgusting drink.

"That'll do it." Dad chortled in amusement at Nate's submission all for a kiss, because apparently I'm a good kisser.

Which isn't wrong.
Did I say that out loud?
That's embarrassing.
M-moving on.

"By the way, where'd you two spend the night?" He asked as me and Nate looked at each other.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked as I quirked a brow.

"I'm just curious...you didn't happen to use my credit card, did you?"

"Oh, that's right, we did. Now it rings a bell." I say as Nate chuckled at my response.

"You know what? It's fine. Pay me back with the gold." Dad says as the floor creaked as it felt like we were being lifted in the air.

"Good because I'm broke. I only have two bucks on me."

Dad opened the floor board peeking our years out to confirm your suspicions as suspected the ships were being flown out by the helicopters.

"Oh, Jesus. She's flying the ships out?" Dad says as his jaw hung open. "With us on it."

"No, shit Sherlock." I commented as he bent down shoving the gold into his backpack, as I did the same and everywhere else on me in my bra in my shorts anywhere I could logically put gold.

"Just in case."

"You too Hals. You two know the boat's loaded with that stuff."

"Potayto, potato." I say as Nate was looking through a rack of swords on the wall. Some swords were rusty, some were still in good condition, some were short and some were long.

"Hey, Hal, Sully." Nate says as I whipped my head at Nate he was gripping onto the handle of the nicest sword there was. "You wanna go show 'em what's what?"

"That's nice. Let me see it for a second." Dad says as Nate loosened his grip letting Dad hold it. 

"Yeah, nice, huh?"

"Yeah, real nice." Dad of course left me and Nat with the not as nice swords. At this point I'm not surprised.

He opened the lattice hatch, the entrance of the orlop. I peeked my head out. I couldn't see much so I got out of the hatch and snuck towards the rails overlooking the main deck.