this team is growing by the second, and i sorta like it

Halle's POV

I looked over my should as I saw Nate flipping through the pages of the worn out book Dad gave him a while ago in awe of the information and drawings it contained.

"Wow, the captain's journal, that's amazing." I commented as I peeked over his shoulder.

"There's some crazy shit in there." I also noticed that the words written in the book were ancient.

"It's unbelievable, it totally confirms the legend." Nate says as he ran his mouth. "Magellan did find tons of gold in the Philippines. They hid the gold in Barcelona, then told the Moncada's that the trip was a bust."

"I have a question?" I asked him as I looked at the book.

"What's that?" He asked.

"How the hell can you read that. I can barely read my writing." I commented as Nate chuckled a little as I whacked his head for being a smart ass.

"Will you stop doing that?"

"No, smart ass." I say to him as I flipped through the pages of the book.

"Yeah, here the captain wrote 'the path begins in Barcelona where the keys turn into pine." He says as there's a sketch of a pine three. "Here." He took the book and gestured to the pine. "So we're looking for a tree."

"Really?" Dad asked sarcastically. "Wow, that's your expert analysis?"

"You really gave him the book an hour ago, you should've given it to him beforehand." I argued.

"We were a little preoccupied with something." Dad argued back. "I mean I got that far on my own. I've seen the picture of the tree. Where's the gold? Is it under the three? Is it in the tree?"

"I don't know, it could be." Nate shrugged.

"Look out the window." Dad motioned his head to the window. "There's a lot of trees in Barcelona."

I looked out the window and saw the beautiful landscape of Barcelona. When the plane landed the first thing I did was find a bathroom. 

What? I don't like airplane bathrooms! It's a death trap.

When I came back Dad was talking about his friend as I wasn't paying attention as I pocketed someone but he didn't notice in the first place. 

Idiot.

I'm guessing his friend is walking towards them. She had short hair, wore a mini red dress with a black leather jacket and black boots. That's honestly something that I'd wear.

"Hey, Chlo!" Dad greeted enthusiastically.

"Don't do that, she doesn't like you." I commented as she ignored his greeting.

"I like you but not him." She said as Dad gave me a 'really' look, and I cheekily grinned.

"I'm Nate." Nate says introducing himself, trying to give her a handshake but she didn't shake his hand. "A friend of Sully's." 

"Sully doesn't have any friends. I should know, I'm one of them." She says with a fake smile.

"Ain't that the truth." I say as I knew that Nate was going to thump me as I grabbed his hand before it even touched my head as I twisted it, causing him pain.