sully lied to me and nate..honestly i shoulda seen this coming

Halle's POV

I felt a pair of strong arms around me and a hard chest against my face. It was dark but I could automatically tell it was Nate as I was laying on top of and he was holding me the way that lovers do. I almost didn't want to get out because he felt safe, and comforting, unlike Leland which I never felt safe in his arms.

"W-where are we?" I stuttered as I was adjusting my eyes, as I felt for my knife as I didn't realize I was feeling Nate's pockets and not mine, but I felt something that felt like a knife.

"Don't worry I got the family heirloom." He joked about the knife as I smiled.

"It's not--nevermind." I say to him as I pushed myself off of him which I didn't want to do, but I knew that we had a job to do.

"You got the key?" He asked me as I grabbed it from my pocket and wiggled it in his face teasingly.

"Sure do." I say to him as he grabbed it and inserted it into the keyhole on the cover turning it.

A few seconds, water started flowing inside as widened my eyes as wide as I can.

"Water."

"This has to be a test! The eighteen must have built an escape, right?" Nate exclaimed as he started panicking in my ear, as I winced a little.

"So this is the puzzle. What could we possibly do with this?" I ask as I rub my temple. "'Trust in your fellow man for one shall go to heaven and the other hell' trust in your fellow man...fellow man." I say putting it together as it made sense.

"Dad!" Me and Nate yelled simultaneously.

"Sully, there has to be another keyhole up there somewhere that opens this door!" Nate yells.

"I'm like literally in a papa john's right now." Dad said from the other lime nonchalantly as if we weren't going to slowly die from drowning.

Since the passage way was cramped, the water was already up to our shoulders, as I shivered at the coldness of it. I heard grunting and groaning from Dad was he fighting someone.

"Dad, hurry!"

"Shut up, Hal. I'm workin' on it."

"She'll shut up when you get us the fuck outta here." Nate says irritably. "You gotta help me get this up, okay?" Nate asked as he referred to the grate.

I nodded my head as I tugged on the grate, but it wouldn't budge an inch at all. "Dad! It's now or never, we're running out of options!" Nate says as he couldn't speak properly due to the water coming in his mouth.

"Deep breaths." The water was now up to our faces. I sucked in a sharp breath before being fully submerged in the water. I punched everything, desperate to find an escape. The cover opened abruptly and me and Nate swam up, inhaling.

"Hey, guys. Say something. Tell me you're alive." Dad says out of breath as I'm guessing that he was fighting with Braddock.

"Yeah, we're good." Nate replied. "We're still alive.

"Then what are you waiting for? Get a move on." He says as I couldn't believe him. Me and Nate were having a near-death experience and he was insensitive as ever.