27

The movie was interesting honestly, but if you asked me what it was about, I'd have nothing to tell you. I spent more time panicking about Fareedah resting on my arm and being a bit touchy, than actually watching the movie.

Fareedah, had a wide smile on her face as we walked out of the place and to the car. "It was so cozy, comfortable, and the speaker was loud enough," she expressed as we got into the car. "I really hope I can come here again. It's such an exciting experience."

The only reason I had a genuine smile on my face and was truly happy, was because of how excited she was. Her being happy, really made he happy. But honestly, I didn't know enough of the movie to be that excited about it, and neither was I chanced to get cozy or comfortable. "I know right?" I replied, hoping she wouldn't notice I wasn't talking about the movie and giving my insight on it.

"Yes," she replied with a chuckle as she pulled out of the place, beginning to talk about the movie. I was glad I knew at least a little about the movie, which helped me survive her talking about it and also seeking my insight on it. I got to know more about the movie from her talking about it, and it did seem like a good movie. I kept a mental note to try and watch it later.

Fareedah drove us to a hotel, where she lodged both of us in a VIP suite. It was the first time I was entering a hotel so big and shiny, talk more of a VIP suite. It took literally everything within me to not let the village girl in me out. I kept trying to not seem so new to all what I was seeing, as I kept looking around. The place was decorated with mostly gold, and had a crystal chandelier in the reception. Honestly, it was the first time I was seeing a chandelier in action. I felt excited on the inside, seeing all those shiny luxuries. By the time we got to the room, I was pumped from at the shiny things I had seen, and new things I had seen, I had a lot of energy running through. Luckily for me, so was Fareedah. She was still pumped from the movie and the aura at the cinema.

"I don't know why, but I feel so energized," she said as she walked excitedly into the room, hopping as she dropped her bag on the king-sized bed, that had a red and gold frame. "I need to wear out," she told with a smile, as she pulled her footwear, climbing the bed as she began to jump on it.  "Come on, don't you want to join? Let off some steam?" she said with a giggle as she kept jumping on the bed.

I was sure I wasn't as energized as she was, but jumping on the bed seemed fun, so I nodded as I pulled my footwear, joining her on the bed as we both jumped on it. The bed was really bouncy and soft, it felt so light beneath my feet and like I could trip at any moment. I laughed before I asked, "Is this alright?"

Fareedah nodded. "Of course, it should be," she said, "it isn't like we are vandalizing anything, right?" She ended her sentence with a stumble. She hadn't pulled her bodycon gown up when she started jumping on the bed, and this had caused her to stumble and fall.

My instinct kicked in and I tried to catch her. But, this only sent the both of us down. We landed on the bed with a bounce, her on top of me. She elbowed by ribs, which made me shut my eyes with a wince. But I soon realized she could have sustained a sprain and could be hurt, so I opened my eyes quickly to check up on her, but I was met with her staring intensely at me. "Are..."

I couldn't get my question out before she said, "You are so pretty, I question your existence sometimes." She let out a soft chuckle as she looked away. "I sometimes wonder if you are conscious oh how pretty you are," she added as she stared back at me, staring me dead in my eyes.

My eyes widened, but soon relaxed. I couldn't bring myself to react or say anything, as I got mesmerized in her eyes. "I-" I tried to speak, but I couldn't form any sentence, my mind had become a blank space. But as soon as I started thinking of all the possible things that could happen in that moment, I was reminder of Fareedah the day after we kissed, so I quickly looked away.

But, I didn't get to look away before I heard a low 'sorry', and before I knew it Fareedah lips were pressed to mine. Shivers ran down my spine as my earlier thought flew from my mind. I was frozen for some seconds, letting her kiss me. But, the thoughts soon quickly retuned, which caused me to hold her still, while I pulled back gently.

She looked at me with a frown, tilting her head to the right.

My forehead wrinkled as I began trying to explain myself. I was honestly worried for her. I knew she had said she was going to try and work on herself, but it sure couldn't he easy. "The last ti..."

She didn't let me finish again as she shrugged my hands and kissed me again. I wanted to pull away so badly, but I found myself replying the kiss, as I felt happiness fill my heart. I was happy. She slipped her arms around my neck, pulling me in closer as my hands made their way to her butt, caressing it. A distant voice in my head was screaming for me to stop, telling me how we shouldn't be kissing and how I should consider how she was last time, but I couldn't bring myself to stop. I shut my eyes more tightly, living in the moment. For those moments, I felt hope, hope that I didn't have to be 'just friends' with her, that we could be together. But, I was soon drawn back to reality as she suddenly pulled back, looking at me dead in my eyes for some seconds, before she shook her head and muttered something like 'we should sleep'. With that. She rolled off me, turning away from me as I began to hear gentle snuffles.

I knew she was crying again, but in that moment, it felt like there was nothing I could do. So, I curled up on the bed to sleep, but I ended up staring at the back of her head for most of the night.

To confirm my assumptions that she still was the same Fareedah I knew, and there wasn't hope for the both of us, she was gone by the morrow. She had kept twenty thousand naira on her side of her bed, with a note that stated

'I'm sorry,

get home safe.'

In the moment of reading those words, I felt a lot of emotions spread through me. I didn't know if I was to be mad, sad, pained, understanding, or even hurt. All I could feel was a sudden weakness, and I found myself crying instead. I was physically tired. I ran my right thumb over the 'balloon flower' she had doodled at the edge of the paper. My chest began to hurt so bad, I didn't know what else to do but cry my eyes out.

With an aching and cry throat, after crying for minutes and my head hot with a head splitting head ache, I picked up my phone and decided what was best for my mental health. As I stared at her number, I couldn't help the warm tears that ran down my cheeks, as my hands became too heavy, finding it hard to block her contact. I was sent into another fit of tears, wondering what I was doing.

It took me yet another set of minutes, before I finally blocked her number, often asking myself if I was sure and then crying again. I would then wonder if I was being rash, which will then lead me to another round of tears. Time had gone by by the time I blocked her, as I picked my things and left with a puffy eyes, an head ache that could kill and an overwhelming feeling of sadness.

How stupid I was to think I deserved happiness.