7

A smile made its way to my lips when I saw the caller ID

A smile made its way to my lips when I saw the caller ID. it was my male best friend - Christopher - who was calling. I quickly picked the call, answering him. "Hello," I said, louder than the hush tone we had been talking with.

"I'm downstairs jare, come out," he said so aggressively from the other end of the line, making me roll my eyes.

"You'll sleep there," I replied him, making Inoma laugh.

"He's being a fool again, abi?" she asked with a smile, causing me to nod.

He laughed. "Ah ahn, can't someone play with you again?" he asked with a smile evident in his voice.

I shook my head, ignoring that he wasn't present with me at that point in time. "No oh, you can't play with me again."

"I'll tell mummy for you," he whined, causing me to laugh.

"That's why you're still single. See how you're acting in the public."

He chuckled. "Oh please. Sha just be coming, I'm waiting."

I smiled, nodding as he ended the call. Since I hadn't removed anything from my body, I jumped off the bed, making to leave the room when Inoma said, "I'm coming along jare, wait for me."

I didn't reply her as I walked out, causing her to insult me. She was in her underwear, so I knew it was going to take her some time to catch up with me.

I didn't rush, I took my time with every step I took. She met me by the door of the hostel, in a Jean bum-short and white camisole. "I really hate you, you know that," she panted to me.

I smirked, still not replying her as I quickened my steps. "I'll kill you one day Cee," she said from behind me, trying to regain her breath and also catch up with me. "I will."

I laughed, walking out of the wine dual hostel gate. Christopher was standing outside in a white t-shirt and wine joggers, busying himself with his phone, that he didn't even notice when I arrived. I stood short beside him, reaching his shoulders as I peeped into his phone. He was playing a game, causing me to snicker and him to look up. "So, no babe that you can be chatting with?" I asked him, smirking. "You'll just die single," I told him, mocking him.

"It's you I want to marry naw, but you said that you don't want me," he said with a smile, as Inoma arrived, charging towards me

"Be deceiving yourself there with that lie," I told him as I went around him, to avoid Inoma's fist. It was probably not going to hurt, but I wanted her to tire out more. It was fun to see her in such a state. I chuckled.

"First, I'm so killing you," she panted out, causing me to laugh. "Secondly, is it not true?" she asked as she stopped chasing after me, bending to lean on her laps with her hands. "I remember when Chris liked you and asked you out, but no, relationship isn't your thing."

I chuckled, also stopping. "It's not like relationships aren't my thing." I sighed. "I just didn't like him that way, and he said he totally understood," I explained.

"Actually though," Christopher said, "Inoma my wife, how have you been now?" he asked, changing the topic. Since I told him I didn't have feelings for him back, when he had confessed to me during our first year in school, he always wanted to avoid the topic.

"I'm fine o, my husband. How have you been o jare?" she asked him, standing up as she had recovered.

"I'm find o, my love."

I smiled at their conversation, loving how they were connecting. I met both of them in different circumstances and grew our friendship differently. While I knew Inoma from birth, I met Topher in high school. I only introduced both of them when we had all resumed in Unilag, and they connected almost immediately. And, it had been beautiful since then. A tiny part of me shipped them, but they had never outrightly given it any effort or thought. Maybe I shuu matchmake them. Hmm…

"Make me reach Korede naw," Inoma suggested

Topher nodded, while I smiled. "Oya naw, make we waka small."

I slipped my arm into Inoma's, intertwining out fingers and wrapping my arm around hers. "I'll still kill you," she muttered to me, causing me to chuckle as we began to walk.

Topher grabbed my left hand, holding on to it, making me to be in the middle of the movement. I loosened my arm from Inoma's, but not breaking our grip as I leaned on Topher for comfort.

We had gotten to Access front, when Topher said, "Eh ehn. There is this friend of mine that said he likes you oh, that I should give him your number so y'all can link up."

I chuckled, not removing my head that was resting on his shoulder. "Tell him I have a boyfriend."

Topher sighed. "The same damn answer," he complained as we crossed the cross road. "You know I can't pretend to be your boyfriend to him, he knows me and knows I am single. So, I-"

"God, can you just tell him I'm not interested and not give him my number?" I complained, pulling away from him and standing a tad far from him, leaning towards Inoma.

"Why are you always like this? Ehn? Why do-"

"Must I be in a fucking relationship? Gosh!"

"Why don't you just tell him?" Inoma suddenly blurted out, causing a heavy silence to fall upon us.

"Tell me what?" Topher asked with a frown.

My face was wrinkled as I turned to Inoma. "Tell him what Inoma?" I asked her.

Her mouth fell open as she tried to make words, but ended up opening and closing her mouth. "I just wanted you guys to shut up with the argument ehn," she finally said after a while, looking away from us.

I frowned. Am I really ready to come out to my two best friends on the same day?

 Am I really ready to come out to my two best friends on the same day?