3|𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

༺༻

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲

༺༻

𝑷𝑬𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑬𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑬 doorbell and Connors  came to the door.

"Dr. Connors. Uh.." He trailed off, not really knowing what to say.

"You don't remember us we're—" Jake started.

"You're the interns from the other day." Connors finished and Jake nodded.

"I'm sure you two are very nice young man but this is a home. I'm asking you to make an appointment with my office."

Connors was about to close the door but Peter spoke up, "I'm Richard Parker's son." He said and Connors opened the door again, "Peter?" He whispered and Peter nodded.

༺༻

Connors was pouring coffee into mug when he spoke up.

"I'm afraid I can't help you much Peter. I don't know why they left. Or where they were going." He was about to drop a mug but Peter caught it in time.

"Good reflexes." Connors said, "Thank you." He handed him his coffee.

"We read your book." Jake spoke up, "it's something, you know. So you really think it's possible, cross-species genetics?" He asked.

"Of course. But for years Richard and I were mocked for our theories, not just in the community but at Oscorp as well." Connors started.

"They called us mad scientists. And then your father bred the Spiders and everything changed, the results were beyond encouraging. They were spectacular."

"We were gonna change lives of millions. Including my own. Then it was over. He... he was gone, took his research with him. And I knew without him I..." He trailed off.

"Was lost?" Jake finished and Connors nodded, "I was angry. So I stayed away from you." He looked at Peter, "And your family and for that I'm truly sorry."

"Say... it worked, that you got it to work. Like how much would the foreign species take over?" Peter asked.

"Yeah what could the side effects be?" Jake added.

"It's hard to say considering no subject survived. The problem was always—" Connors was cut off by both of the boys, "The decay rate algorithm?" They say in unison.

"Right." Connors whispered.

"Can we, uhh.." Peter pointed at the notepad.

"Of course." Connors said.