chapter 13

In the hidden room, the heavy silence weighed upon the clan's younger members like a suffocating shroud. Kirari lay on the bed, her body still showing the marks of her father's brutality. As the hours crawled by, despair hung thick in the air, choking any glimmer of hope that might have lingered.

Miyo, the older cousin who had overheard the elders' ominous plans, couldn't hide her anguish. "I've been thinking," she said with a trembling voice, "even if we manage to uncover the elders' secrets, what can we truly do? They control everything, and we are powerless."

Rin's shoulders slumped, and he muttered with a heavy heart, "We've deluded ourselves into believing we could make a difference. The truth is, we're trapped. This family, this mansion, this life—it's all a never-ending nightmare."

Terano, usually the voice of resilience, felt the weight of their helplessness pressing upon her. "Our hope was nothing more than an illusion," she admitted, her voice hollow. "We can't change our fate. We can't challenge the elders. We can't escape."

The room fell into a desolate silence, each member of the clan grappling with the inescapable truth—they were bound to the Momobami clan's cruel destiny. The oppressive weight of their reality pressed down upon them, extinguishing any lingering hope.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The room remained tense, the weight of shared stories lingering in the air. Kirari's revelation had exposed a vulnerability that no one had expected from the enigmatic student council president. Mary's initial shock at hearing Kirari's past had given way to a newfound understanding.

Mary finally spoke, her voice laced with empathy. "I guess... I just never realized how tough it was for all of us. I mean, I've had my share of troubles, but hearing what you went through, Kirari... It's a lot."

Kirari looked at Mary, surprised by the genuine concern in her eyes. "Well, Mary, we all have our struggles. It's just that some of us hide them better than others."

Midari, the eccentric and often unpredictable council member, chimed in with an odd grin. "I've always loved a good traumatic backstory. It adds layers to your character, Kirari! Makes you more interesting."

A small smile tugged at the corners of Kirari's lips. "I suppose you're right, Midari. But let's not forget that we're all here for a reason. We've been molded by our experiences, and we're united by the strange bond of this student council."

Sayaka, the ever-loyal secretary, brought their focus back to the impending meeting. "Regardless of our pasts, we have a duty to fulfill tonight. The summoning to the Momobami estate is not something to be taken lightly."

Ririka turned to Kirari, seeking guidance. "Kirari, I have no idea why we've been called there? What's this meeting about?"

Kirari shook her head, her thoughts still clouded by the memories of her past. "I wish I knew, Ririka. But it seems even I am in the dark about the elders' intentions this time."

As they discussed their uncertain future, the room's atmosphere shifted. The bond among the student council members and the clan grew stronger, forged not just by the thrill of gambling but by the shared acknowledgement of their pasts and the mysteries of their present.

Despite the oppressive weight of their circumstances, a glimmer of unity and camaraderie emerged. They were a council bound by secrets and scars, facing a future that remained shrouded in uncertainty.

The conversation drifted towards lighter topics, as they reminisced about their shared experiences in the academy - the exhilaration of their gambling battles, the bizarre challenges they had faced, and the unique characters they had encountered.

Mary, known for her competitive spirit, couldn't help but tease Yumeko. "Remember that time when you went all in with your life on the line, Yumeko? You're crazier than I thought!"

Yumeko laughed, her eyes gleaming with mischief. "Oh, Mary, you know me. I can't resist a good gamble, especially when everything's on the line!"

Midari shared her own peculiar memories. "And who could forget the time when I nearly got impaled by those deadly darts? That was an electrifying experience!"

The room filled with laughter as they recounted the absurdities of their time at Hyakkaou Private Academy. It was a brief respite from the weight of their reality, a reminder that they were more than just pawns in the Momobami clan's power games.

However, as the evening wore on, the impending meeting at the Momobami estate cast a long shadow over their gathering. The laughter subsided, replaced by a shared sense of apprehension about the future.

they were trapped in a world where hope was elusive, and the shadows of their pasts loomed large. The uncertain destiny that awaited them at the Momobami estate was a reminder that their bond, though strong, might not be enough to break the chains that bound them to the Momobami clan.