chapter 6

Kirari's POV

Today was like every other day at Hyakkaou Academy for me – filled with paperwork, classes, and work. I had resigned myself to this monotonous routine, knowing that I was now nothing more than a house pet, devoid of purpose in life. I felt forgotten, like a discarded toy meant to be played with and eventually tossed away.

Time skips... 5 minutes later...

I stormed into the council room, my face wearing an expression of discontent. I had no patience for anyone or anything today.

"Nyahahaha, the prez looks angry today. I wonder who pissed her off," Runa remarked.

"Beats me," Midari replied casually while cleaning her gun.

"I honestly don't care; the president is always in a crappy mood."

"Kaede, don't say that about the president," scolded Yumemi.

"Would you like some tea, Ms. President?" Yuriko asked.

"That would be lovely, Yuriko," I replied as I took a seat at the head of the table.

The doors flew open again, revealing my sister. Of all the people in the school, it had to be her – the one person I wasn't in the mood to talk to, the one person I despised.

"Kirari, we need to talk about what happened now," she said with a robotic voice.

"I do not wish to talk to you right now, Ririka."

"Kirari, I don't care; it's important I—"

"RIRIKA, IF YOU DO NOT LEAVE THIS ROOM RIGHT NOW, I WILL PICK YOU UP AND THROW YOU OUT MYSELF!"

"Fine, suit yourself. Do as you please; I don't care anymore." She left, slamming the door behind her. "We'll leave you in peace too," said Yuriko as she placed the tea in front of me. Everyone left the room except for Runa.

"Prez, did you and the vice prez have a fallout?"

"Well, Runa, yes and no."

"What's making you so angry, then?"

(Sighs) "My family had a gamble with (Y/N)'s family last night."

"Isn't that supposed to be a good thing?"

"It was until I found out we were gambling (pauses)... our lives."

"Speak up, prez; I don't have all day."

"Our parents and (Y/N)'s parents gambled... I guess that means I'm their pet now."

"Well, it could be worse."

"What?"

Runa jumped up onto the table, her legs hanging off the ledge. "Calm your farm; you're scaring me. Besides, she's your best friend; she'll surely help you out. Nyahaha." She shoved her lollipop into my mouth. "See, I'm such a good help. Well, prez, I'll leave you to it. I gotta go sort some stuff out. Nyahaha." Runa jumped off the table and exited the room, leaving me to my thoughts.

Time skips... Lunchtime.

Kirari's POV

"Knock, knock."

"You may enter."

"Hay, Kirari, what ya doin'?" (Y/N) said.

"Oh, it's you." I continued working.

"Do you hate me now?"

"Well, I can't exactly say I don't. Why are you here? Did you want something from me?"

"I'm here to give you a present."

(Y/N)'s POV

I pulled the blue animal collar from behind my back and placed it in front of Kirari.

"What's this for?" she asked.

"It's for you to wear when you're at my house. It's cute, and it has a leash to go with it."

"Do I have to?"

"Yep, Mother says so. You really don't have a say in this." I turned to leave. "Oh, one more thing, Mum's okay with you, but the rest of the family isn't so forgiving. But I'm still your best friend, and I care a lot for you. Don't forget that." I exited the room to join the others for lunch, leaving Kirari in her office with the present.