chapter 4

As the day faded into evening, and night settled over the Momobami residence, Kirari found herself deep in thought. She reflected on the memories of her childhood with you, the times when their lives were simpler and devoid of the burdens of family legacies. There was a sense of longing, a void that had never truly been filled since you left.

Lying in her opulent bed, Kirari contemplated her past, feeling the weight of her responsibilities as the head of the Momobami clan pressing upon her. Her thoughts eventually led her to a restless sleep, but it wasn't long before she was awakened by a familiar presence.

"What do you want, Ririka?" Kirari mumbled, her voice laden with drowsiness as she sat up.

The room remained shrouded in darkness, and the moonlight filtering through the curtains cast eerie shadows. Ririka, her face obscured in the dim light, spoke in her usual calm and detached manner. "I thought you might need someone to talk to. It's been quite an eventful day, hasn't it, sister?"

Kirari sighed softly, her gaze fixed on a distant point in the room. "Yes, it has. (Y/N) returning after all these years... It's stirred up memories and emotions I thought were long buried."

Ririka remained silent, a patient presence in the room. She knew that her twin sister carried a heavy burden as the head of the Momobami clan, and your unexpected reappearance had undoubtedly shaken her usual composure.

Kirari continued, "I never told anyone this, Ririka, but when (Y/N) and I were kids, I was never truly happy again after she left. It always felt like a part of me was missing."

Ririka's expression softened, and she stepped closer to Kirari. "Sister, perhaps this is an opportunity to reclaim what was lost, to bridge the gap that has haunted you for so long."

Kirari nodded slowly, acknowledging the wisdom in her sister's words. "You may be right, Ririka. (Y/N)'s return could bring about changes we never anticipated."

As they spoke in the quiet darkness of the room, the Momobami sisters contemplated the uncertain future that lay ahead, a future that seemed entwined with the unexpected return of a long-lost friend.