✦ | CHAPTER 1 | ✦

Vennela's POV
In HYDERABAD

Imagine the outskirts of Hyderabad, where the hustle and bustle of the city give way to serene landscapes

Imagine the outskirts of Hyderabad, where the hustle and bustle of the city give way to serene landscapes. Here, amidst the gentle rustle of leaves and the distant hum of daily life, stands an ancestral three-story house, its terrace adorned with a lush tapestry of plants and mini trees. This is where my story begins.

I am Vennela, a 26-year-old architect, and this house is more than just a home—it's a sanctuary. The mornings here are a symphony of chirping birds and the soft golden glow of sunrise filtering through the greenery. Each day starts with a quiet cup of coffee on the terrace, the world awakening around me as I find a moment of peace before diving into the day's adventures.

"Good morning, Chitti," my father called out as he joined me, his footsteps soft on the stone floor. (He calls me like that every time)

"Good morning, Nanna," I replied, smiling at him. "Ready for another busy day?" (Good morning Dad)

He chuckled. "Always. And you? How's the project coming along?"

I sighed, looking out over the greenery. "Exciting, but a bit overwhelming. The short notice for the Bangalore project is intense. Next week Thursday choosthunna, Ani tickets book chesasadu Nanna" I said (it's next week Thursday, Ani booked tickets for me)

He placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "You'll handle it. You always do."

My family is my anchor. My father Sitaram, a seasoned contractor, and my mother, Tulasi, a passionate chemistry lecturer at a local college, have always been my pillars of support. My brother, Anirudh, a talented freelancer in web and app development, adds a modern touch to our otherwise timeless home. Our bonds are strong, and our home is filled with laughter, love, and the occasional friendly debate.

Inside the house, my mother was bustling around the kitchen, preparing breakfast. The aroma of spices filled the air, mixing with the fresh scent of morning.

"Vennela, don't forget your lunch!" she called out, her voice warm and familiar.

"I won't, Amma ," I responded, peeking into the kitchen. "Thanks for always looking out for me." (Mom)

She smiled, her eyes twinkling. "That's what mothers are for."

"Amma, evela gudi ki vellav kadha!" I said guessing flowers which were threaded and kept on her hair. (Mom, you went to temple today right)

"Ahhhaannn, and I met one of old friend, she ..... okay okay, if I start narrating you won't have time to leave to office, I will tell in the evening" she said. And like always she gives good suspense to me.

Professionally, I have found my calling at Cognitive Designs, a leading architecture firm. My work is my passion, and each project is a canvas where I blend creativity with precision. Recently, an unexpected opportunity arose—a major project in Bangalore that promises a significant career boost. The short notice has thrown my life into a whirlwind, but I thrive on challenges and the promise of new horizons.