✦ | CHAPTER 4 | ✦

Author's POV 

The ancestral house was a hive of activity as Vennela's family prepared for the Pelli Choopulu, the traditional meeting between the prospective bride and groom. Vennela's parents, Sitaram and Tulasi, were bustling around, making sure everything was perfect. The fragrance of fresh flowers and incense filled the air, and the sound of murmured conversations and soft laughter echoed through the hallways.

Vennela sat in her room, feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness. Her friend Shobha was with her, helping her get ready. "Relax, Vennela. Everything will be fine," Shobha reassured her, adjusting the pleats of her saree.

"I know, but it's still nerve-wracking. What if they don't like me?" Vennela said, biting her lip.

Shobha smiled and squeezed her hand. "They will love you. Karthik is lucky to meet someone like you."

"Shobha what if I tell about my Bangalore thing and Delhi transfer, will they obey?" Vennela said. 

"Vennu, just breath in, things will be nice, just tell Karthik about your things, you both must get to know each other right?" She said. And Vennela couldn't help but agree to her words. 

Downstairs, Karthik and his friends—Ranjana, Alekhya, Ashwini, and Gokul—arrived with his parents, Srinivas and Lakshmi. They were greeted warmly by Sitaram and Tulasi, who ushered them into the living room, where they settled on the comfortable sofas.

Sitaram clapped his hands together in a welcoming gesture. "Welcome, Srinivas garu, Lakshmi garu. We are so happy to have you here."

"Thank you, Sitaram garu," Srinivas replied with a warm smile. "We are equally delighted."

"Hi uncle" Karthik wished Sitaram, he was little shy to call Sitaram uncle and Tulasi aunty. 

"Hi Nanna, welcome welcome." He said and welcomed all of them. 

"Hi, I am Anirudh, elder brother of Vennela" he shook hands with Karthik. 

Chatters mustered all around the hallways, and Shobha was with Vennela.

Karthik, sitting next to his parents, looked around the room. He was curious about Vennela and eager to meet her. His friends were teasing him quietly, making him smile despite his own nerves.

Tulasi turned to Lakshmi. "Shall we call Vennela?"

Lakshmi nodded. "Yes, let's meet her."

Shobha, who had been waiting near the stairs, signaled to Vennela. "Come on, it's time."

Vennela took a deep breath and walked down the stairs, feeling the weight of everyone's eyes on her. She entered the living room and greeted everyone with a shy smile. "Namasthe," she said, folding her hands in a traditional greeting.

"Namsthe" the guests responded, smiling warmly at her.

Sitaram and Tulasi introduced Vennela to everyone. "This is our daughter, Vennela, and that's my son Anirudh", Sitaram said proudly.

Lakshmi beamed at her. "You look lovely, Vennela." Lakshmi's happiness was having no bounds, she was already loving Vennela so much. 

"Thank you, Aunty," Vennela replied, feeling a bit more at ease. Vennela was having a big smile on her face. She was overwhelmed to see many guests over there, she thought only three of them were coming. 

Each friend introduced themselves. 

Karthik's friends couldn't resist teasing him a bit. Alekhya whispered, "Looks like she's perfect for you, Karthik."