✦ | CHAPTER 23 | ✦

Karthik's POV

Waiting for the most ruthless act I committed 24 hours ago is costing me too much now. I shouldn't have lied to Mummy, daddy is fine. But I didn't do it on purpose, accidentally it all happened just like that.
Satish Mama's wife overheard my conversation and she called Athiyya Garu and told her about Vennela and that she is so irresponsible, and we never expected this kind of upbringing.

I split the milk, now it's not so easy to get normal milk from the spoiled ones. She ain't a girl who would listen to my words at any moment as of now or maybe for the next 7 generations. But to myself, I was never too rude to anyone. Mummy and Daddy wanted to come to Banglore today but Daddy got an accident due to which they couldn't make it. I was maddened towards myself that how can I tell my parents to not call me till night?

"When did you come?" I asked when Vennela came towards Nanna's room. She didn't answer me, and I saw Anirudh coming towards us, so better it would be to not ask her anything Rn. Because already she might have dealt with so much and now this ..... it's just another burden over her head.

I went behind her

Followed her steps

Gearing so much courage to speak to a person who is so perfect with her ideologies and when you shatter them, their words are no less than the sound of a jet plane over your ears.

I folded my hands back, and guess what...

"Mavayya garu" she called my dad and she sat beside me.

"Amma, eppud ochhav? Thinnava?" My dad asked her (dear, when did you come? Had food?), and she cried.

"I am sorry Mavayya Garu, my bad, I should have been here, come to you and Athiyya" she cried

"It's okay Amma, " my mother nodded her head and assured her with a pat

"Hey Karthik, I didn't inform Ani, just go and tell him that I will stay here for the night," she said to me, I had no words as of now, I was shocked

"Enti alochistunnav, velli cheppu?" (What are you thinking? Go and tell him) my Atta( mom's brother's wife...or Bua ji) she said to me

"Anta lopala, Mana parichayalu kuda aipothayi" (meanwhile we can have our introductions) she said and I started scratching my head how can I leave my angel with this devil? Anyways Angel's eat devils at the end so no problem.

"Maa atta, Satish Mavayya Valla's wife, unfortunately, couldn't make it to marriage because of Dhruv and Ryan, I told u right there are twins in our family, those are the people.

" I never knew that our brahmins accept cross-religious marriage" she mocked Atta. (It's a very serious issue to talk about but please read it as a novel with some masala, sorry if it hurts somebody's religious sentiments)

"Vennela, please ......" Mummy shouted at her

"Then what Athiyya, let her check her family first and then comment on me, I know who was behind the mixing of conversations between Karthik and me, she was the one causing all the kinds of gaps and conflicts between me, you and my family......open your call history Pinni garu (aunty), show us .......there you go, this we ever stepped leg into you family so you shouldn't have crumbled us like this, Athiyya naaku meetho sambandham undi, and I don't care what goes for what but aavida chesindi matram intha kuda correct kadu, nenu deenini sahinchaleka, avida nizanni battabailu chesa (Mom-in-law, I just care about you only, what she did was not at all correct, that's why I had put the truth in front of you).

"Tell me something Vennela, how did my son's marriage affect you? And I accept that you are too much rooted for your cultural aspects, It's his decision and in fact mine and Satish's was also a Love marriage..." When Atta was about to tell this,