✦ | CHAPTER 16 | ✦

Vennela's POV

The weight on my neck with another chain, the life connection and fate was the thaali. He tied the thaali to my neck. The whole kalyana Mandapam had so much of noise but only the wanted and beloved close family members remained till early morning 3.

Shobha with Amma lifted my big flower sealed hair which was so damn heavy. We both were tied talapakam. After thaali we were sat to perform the homam. After the end we both were tied with end of my saree pallu and his vesthi, both were tied with turmeric Holy prayed cloth and were asked to round the fire 🔥. On the name of God we both promised to be together till death.

He showed me the Arundhati Nakshatram. And then after few more mantras chanting we are done with the wedding Hall thing till day after tomorrow's reception.
A car was arranged from function Hall to his house. There were had few more rituals and then we were asked to sleep in different rooms for time being.

Next day morning.

"Vennela" his whisper, and nudge on my skin gave me chills and made an electric shock traversing through my bone marrow. I woke up in split sec

"Ohh cool Vennela" he said

"Emaindi?(what happened)" I saw the time, it was just one hour for my sleep and then only got woke up for next ones.

"Satyanarayana swamy vratam Vennela, amma ninnu lepamani nannu pampinchindi( mom asked me to wake you up)" he said

"Sare sare nenu fresh aipotha(okay okay I shall get ready for pooja)" I said.

It was just one hour, lifetime most memorable thing, best commitment in ones life. I have still questions on my future, my current situation was very much in complex complexion. I am still in the silence whereas my husband, karthik is in noise of joy. Even though how much I thought to forget it was like an accident, I still can't think my future with him. If I don't tell him about my situation its gonna increase more expectations on me.

"Vennela, Vennela" door tapping on my room's bathroom didn't stop.

"Evaru?(who's that on the door?)" I shouted from the bathroom.

"Nenu, Ranjana ni (it's me Ranjana)" ohh it was Ranjana Vadhina

"Ahh Vadhina(sister-in-law).just two mins, I am coming" I said and immediately put the lehenga which I purchased for Vratham only.

"You are wearing this for vratham?" she asked putting a weird expression. What's wrong with it?

"Aunty asked to wear this saree, it's her Athiyaa(karthik's grandma) saree.....even Karthik too insisted on it, he wants you to see in this" I don't like it, I mean I have my own choices too. But this saree is not making me to wear it. It's so much old grandma types.

"Wear this and come to Hall, the pujari is waiting and the event is about to start" she said.

Now I badly wanted Amma, Nanna and Ani and Shobha. I cried too much inside; what can I do? I didn't knew how to wear saree. And I needed assistance for it. I called Karthik so that he can send Athiya maybe.

"Hello" I said

"What happened Vennela, you wanted something?" he asked me

"Actually can you please ask Athiya to come inside" I asked him

"Not an issue, "Amma Vennela wants you". He said and then Athiya knocked the door outside and I opened it.

"Emaindi Amma(what happened dear)" wow I was amazed by her call, it's so soothing.

"Athiya, I don't know how to wear saree of big anchooo, if it was bit smaller ones I could've tied it" I put a sad face.

"It's very small problem, come on, you shouldn't be sad on such an auspicious day, see how gloomy you seem to look like, you are perfect my dear"she asked me to stand straight and then within 6 mins I was wrapped in perfect saree. She kissed my forehead.