✦ | CHAPTER 14 | ✦

Vennela's POV

I get a call from Nanna.

What it might be, he always calls me or texts me in regular time and this is really very rare to happen. I erased all thoughts and picked up the call, it just then got cut. Then only Karthik gets a call

"Ahh bava, yeah......ohh ayyo, eppudu ela undi?" He says and it makes me feel really terrible what the incident might be, I couldn't be able to process, what are the circumstances or etc. nothing is processing my head and I am blanked out.

"I will try to tell her" he said and came to me and sat down while I was sitting on the sofa

"Emaindi (what happened?)" I asked him

"Ammamma gariki heart stroke, maximum unte 3 weeks annaru I am sorry, uncle chala disturbed ga unnaru, Andaru hospital lo unnaru( your grandmother got heart stroke, maximum doctors are estimating it to be 3 weeks and I am sorry, your dad is very disturbed, everybody's in hospital)" he said in a very deep and melancholy voice.

"I .... I need to see her urgently" I said and was not able to look at my physical health or mental stress of the project, the deadline given to me was very very little and I need to do ......I am unable to process things now, I was panicking

"Vennela just calm down take deep breath, come on breath in,..... breath out ......deeply, come on" he touched my palms and comforted me, it was making me fine but inside me was completely burning like hell.

"Do you want to see her? Shall we go to Hyderabad?" He asked me

"I don't know but I am unable to....... Nannamma ni choodali I need to see her (father's mother)" I said, I want to see her, I am ready to do anything, be it leaving the job right also if they aren't giving me any extended leave.

"Where was she, I couldn't find her in your house and never seen her" he asked me about her.

"She was with my Attha in Mumbai" I said 

"What what what happened Vennela.......please tell, don't cry" he came beside me and cleared my tears.

"It's the thing I always feared to face, we had some clashes Karthik" I said and took sips of water which he got hurriedly when I was panicking.

"I won't tell anything to my manager that I am gone to anywhere but we need to go to Hyderabad at any cost please , please Karthik" I stood up and he did too.

"Please clear your tears Vennela, things will be done as per how you wish them to get done okay!" He said and stood in the worst part that I am going to face after reaching hospital.

It was all, went in a blink of booking flight tickets, him getting scoldings from his boss and getting permitted for overwork and holiday on compassionate period to Hyderabad, I didn't utter a word but it won't be nice if I didn't say this or discuss with Mr.Samar, I called him and convinced him for a long leave, initially he was way too mad but I convinced him to get a big ones and then finished all the formalities and promised him to do work from leave, I needed to do the presentations and stuff and prepare moduling and all the other things.

I talked with Nanna, after what he said about the state of Nannamma it just tore me apart. After so many long months or years we got the contact of Attha that she got heart stroke, they all different than what we expected ...... nanna narrated me all the story, Srinivas(my bava, son of my dad's sister) got married and we weren't even called and Nannamma was told to be silent when she returned from her Yatra to their house (which was now in Mumbai). Mavayya, attha, Srinu...... all were the black days that and bad dream that happened with our family 9 years ago . (Uncle and aunt ....like dad's older sister and sister's husband)