the boys

it had been a year since I lost my eye and the griever lost its leg other people had come up through the box just like I did but all boys no girls but they respected me mostly I became really good friends with a boy named Newt and boy named Zart I was also really good friends with a boy named frypan at least that's what we call him, I decided that since I was first I would be the leader I named this place the glade and the scorpion zombie spider things grievers, newt is the keeper of the runners he runs the maze trying to find a way out hes by him self though so the next greenie will hopefully be good at running so Newt won't be alone, Zart is the keeper of the gardeners he grows things so that fry has food to cook we also get weekly supplies like animals and cloths when we're lucky, Frypan is a cook and good at it too seeing he feeds about 12 of us, we get a greenie once a month we get our monthly boy this week I think, ooh I almost forgot we also have Clint and Jeff there our med jacks, there basically out doctors I go in once a week so they check on my eye I don't want too but I know that if I die no ones gonna do there part so I do, and Winston he's our slicer he takes care of the animals until there old enough for us to eat then he kills them and prepares them for Fry.

"Bailey" I heard someone call out my name I turned to where the noise was coming from the sun was setting and Newt had just made it back from the maze "hey Newt good to see the grievers didn't get you too" I joked hugging me I knew Newt struggled with things mentally so I take care of him, we never told any of the others we didn't know how they react so we just kept it between us "ooh no im not stupid" I said back laughing an pulling away from the hug "shut up slint head" I laughed back "is the greenie here yet?" he asked "no, should be tomorrow, ill give you the day off since I want him to be a runner, but ill let you be the judge" I said walking towards the map room with newt, since I first got here I have cleared up the entire space and there is only one place with trees still we call it the dead heads its where we berry the boys we've lost, like George he was so scared he killed him self, I guess he couldn't take it no more, he was my best friend as well as Newt, Zart and Fry, but George was my closest I go by his grave every day to see him, I don't even have a photo of him.

"hey I'll see you at dinner" I said to Newt as I left to go sit by George "see ya" he didn't even try to stop I think he knew where I was going.