CHAPTER 1 ♡ Moving in

CHAPTER 1.
~Moving in~

Warnings- Cursing
°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°
Authors note-
Hello reader! This is chapter one of this series. I'd like you to know that updates will be random, and that this chapter could be messy. - The song I chose above may match up with this chapter too! I'll tell you if I ever choose a song that could match a chapter :))
ANWAYS! enjoy <3333
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

No one's POV~
-------
Joel was only a block away from the college he'd be attending to for now on. He's incredibly nervous, tapping his finger nonstop against the wheel of the car as he tried his best to pay attention to the rode.

This was Joel's first time in this new college, and new area! He has no clue where he is, what he's doing, or when he's supposed go even find out his classes, dorm, and more!! BUT- he'll figure it out, surely....
---
After for what felt like forever of joel overthinking, the light turned green. Joel turned right, getting an awesome view of his new college.

The main building was built up with bricks and dark oak wood, huge beautiful stained glass windows scattered on the building. A large set of stairs set at the front with huge medieval castel doors awaiting someone to enter. The dark green grass rested along the lawn, trees scattered everywhere making it look like a forest. --
A building next door, with the same architecture, but instead the windows where plain basic windows that looked tattered and worn down. A huge sighn saying "DORMS" was planted on the front. This gave an obvious sighn to where the dorms where so joel turned left to where this building was.

Joel parked in a parking spot in the nearby car lot, then dragged his stuff inside the dorm room building. He walked up to the front desk, preparing to talk to the stranger. He'd gone over what'd he'd say over 10 times now, so he must have it!

-
"H-Hi!! I'm uh..." Joel stuttered out, immediately forgetting what he was saying.

The lady looked up at him, glaring at him with a stupid, kinda annoyed look.

"Um.. I'll just leave actually-" joel said as he backed away from the desk, his palms starting to sweat. That was until he ran into someone behind him. Joel stumbled forward- wide eyed from the surprise encounter. He turned around, just to be faced with a tall blonde boy, looking down at him.

"jimmy!" Joel said happily, thanking the lord that jimmy was here to save him from this horrid conversation.

"Hello mate! How's it goin' !" Jimmy said in
His usual happy-go-lucky way.

Joel grabbed Jimmy's shoulders and looked up at him, giving a serious look.

"Save me from talking to that lady, PLEASEEEE!!!" Joel whispered loudly, begging to not have to talk to the front desk  lady.

"Alright, alright! Jeez mate, you gotta get over this whole "Introverted" thing, I'm pretty sure this is anxiety or somethin'.." jimmy said as he dragged joel to the desk like a child.

Joel pouted, but kept quite.

"Hello! Can I get the key to room 312, and room 304 please?" Jimmy asked politely, smiling as usual. Luckily for joel, Jimmy knew his dorm already because they'd have spoken previously about what dorms they'd have! But that's about it.

"Of course, the stairs are just to the left." The lady said as she placed both keys onto the desk while turning away.

Jimmy took the keys, handing key '304' to joel.
"C'mon, let's grab our stuff." Jimmy said as he grabbed his luggage and began walking away.

Joel hurriedly grabbed his luggage also, catching up with jimmy quickly. They walked up the stairs and talked about the classes they're taking. Both where taking art class, and what made everything better was that they'd be taking it together. Joel had also unfortunately found out that jimmy and scott had surprisingly broken up over the summer, which was something joel never expected because they seemed so healthy. But it wasn't his issue anways, though he wish he knew what happened.

They made it too Joel's dorm, then waving each other goodbye as jimmy went to go hunt down his.
---
Joel sighed, inhaling the dust of the musty hallway, and the debris of cigarettes from lousy college students filled the air.
Joel unlocked the door, walking in slowly as he looked around.

There was a small cheap kitchen. 2 chairs and 1 sad tiny table taking up a window in the corner. There was a living room, with only a cheap musty coach and that ugly table and chairs with the cute small window, but thats it.
Joel then walked into the bedrooms.  there was luckily 2 rooms, both had bathrooms with the usual necessities. The bedroom had a brown drawer that looked like it would break just by a tap, and a crappy old bed but Joel didn't care, he'd brought a mattress cover and a bunch of stuffed animals and pillows to decorate his room.

Joel immediately got to unpacking, tearing apart boxes and setting clothes in the old tattered drawer he'd earned with the bedroom. He looked into the box of clothes, noticing a packet of stickers he threw into there as well. He pulled them out and admired them for a good minute, one set had characters from a movie called "shrek", which he got as a joke. The other had music such as instruments, mostly drums though. The other sticker palettes had nonsense such as, old century buildings, cats and dogs, donkeys...?? Oh! And silly little childish minecraft stickers he got at Walmart with jimmy and grian.

Joel immediately got distracted from unpacking and scattered the stickers all over the dresser, decorating it in silly colors due to the characters and nonsense. When he was done he admired his work for a good while but got back to unpacking.
---
Joel had finally finished unpacking and decorating his room. Posters of different bands he liked scattered the walls, one Shrek poster and minecraft poster there too. He had a black rug on the floor so he wouldnt have to see the nasty brown floor which looked like actual shit. His bed had new green sheets with cat stuffed, a few donkeys, one Shrek one as a joke and weirdly a minecraft donkey and bee.

He thought he did a fantastic job! So he celebrated by recycling all the boxes and going to bed immediately since it was now 8pm and his stupid dorm-mate wasn't even here.
He flopped on the bed, which was surprisingly comfortable! He got under the covers and lyed there until he caved in and put his headphones in and started to listening to a song he found fun, aka "Mesaages from the stars". He found it relaxing and made him imagine that he was in space, floating around the planets and over cool space stuff. Not that he knew any space terms though cus he isn't a nerd, obviously.

Joel drifted off too sleep, not realizing his roommate had now entered the room. Though he couldn't care less.

(END)
••••••••••••••••••••☆☆☆☆•••••••••••••••••••
YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAY!! Here's chapter 1 OF THIS BOOK!!I'm so proud of this! I'd love to receive criticism and maybe even some future ideas! I'll obviously first do a greeting and description on etho in the next chapter though-.
Here's a teaser!!
(Etho is more into futuristic and bold colors, while joel likes dull and dark colors.)
I bet you can image his room lmao.
Hope you enjoyed!!!!! Thank you for reading <3
WORDS-1262